Micro-stuttering after Alt+Tab

Boerke Jos
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:40 pm

Micro-stuttering after Alt+Tab

Post by Boerke Jos » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:18 pm

- PC
- Issue: Every time I go to Windows with Alt+Tab the game starts to stutter. Despite my game runs at 60, 90 or 120fps; it doesn't feel smooth like it should be, compared to other games. I don't think I had tis in FS17 either! I have a G-sync monitor, maybe is this related to the problem. It's verry likely that v-sync has something to do with it.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Both
- Steps to reproduce: Alt+Tab start the stutter, restarting the game resolves this issue.
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods: yes
Attachments
log.txt
(45.45 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

rikor420
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 6:59 am

Re: Micro-stuttering after Alt+Tab

Post by rikor420 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:08 pm

Boerke Jos wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:18 pm
- PC
- Issue: Every time I go to Windows with Alt+Tab the game starts to stutter. Despite my game runs at 60, 90 or 120fps; it doesn't feel smooth like it should be, compared to other games. I don't think I had tis in FS17 either! I have a G-sync monitor, maybe is this related to the problem. It's verry likely that v-sync has something to do with it.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Both
- Steps to reproduce: Alt+Tab start the stutter, restarting the game resolves this issue.
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods: yes
Have you tried changing your game graphics full screen to fullscreen window?

hpmc13
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:20 pm

Re: Micro-stuttering after Alt+Tab

Post by hpmc13 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:43 am

PC or console? Just kidding.

I get the same thing. Try hitting F3. I'm not exactly sure what it does, but I'll get a jump in my framerates, then they will come back down to 60 and stay there.
Playing on PC

Boerke Jos
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:40 pm

Re: Micro-stuttering after Alt+Tab

Post by Boerke Jos » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:48 am

rikor420 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:08 pm
Boerke Jos wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:18 pm
- PC
- Issue: Every time I go to Windows with Alt+Tab the game starts to stutter. Despite my game runs at 60, 90 or 120fps; it doesn't feel smooth like it should be, compared to other games. I don't think I had tis in FS17 either! I have a G-sync monitor, maybe is this related to the problem. It's verry likely that v-sync has something to do with it.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Both
- Steps to reproduce: Alt+Tab start the stutter, restarting the game resolves this issue.
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods: yes
Have you tried changing your game graphics full screen to fullscreen window?
Hey

Thanks for the reply! I tried it, but now the stutter issue starts immediately when I spawn in. So to summarize: when I start playing in fullscreen the issue occurred after ALT-tab. When I start in windowd fullscreen, it starts right away. So maybe when I Alt-tab in full screen and go back to the game, FS maybe goes to windowd fullscreen, because this seems to be the problem. So when I restart, the game starts again in Fullscreen and the stutter is gone, could this be the issue Fs19 had problems to go back to fullscreen again?

Kind regards

Boerke Jos
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:40 pm

Re: Micro-stuttering after Alt+Tab

Post by Boerke Jos » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:00 am

hpmc13 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:43 am
PC or console? Just kidding.

I get the same thing. Try hitting F3. I'm not exactly sure what it does, but I'll get a jump in my framerates, then they will come back down to 60 and stay there.
Hey

Nice to hear I'm not the only one with this issue! Yes, I tried it multiple times, unfortunately without success. I have a G-sync, 120 Hz monitor, so I use F3 al the the time to release the 60 fps framecap. At the beginning it's buttersmooth like in other games, but after Alt-tab, it seems that it is just more stuttering. The higher my fps is, the more stutter I have. So at that moment 60fps feels smoother than 120fps does, that's weird, isn't is?

Thank you for your answer

Greets from Belgium!

User avatar
Smith Modding
Posts: 2996
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 12:42 pm
Location: Harris County, Georgia

Re: Micro-stuttering after Alt+Tab

Post by Smith Modding » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:31 pm

I have this problem too when I alt-tab out of the game my frame rate drops and refuses to go back to the normal 60FPS I usually get. Its quite annoying and it happens on every graphics setting except for low
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10

Boerke Jos
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:40 pm

Re: Micro-stuttering after Alt+Tab

Post by Boerke Jos » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:33 pm

Smith Modding wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:31 pm
I have this problem too when I alt-tab out of the game my frame rate drops and refuses to go back to the normal 60FPS I usually get. Its quite annoying and it happens on every graphics setting except for low
I doesn't have an fps related issue. I keep having great fps, but it doesn't feel smooth anymore after alt-tab despite mine fps is 120

oyildirim
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:34 pm

Re: Micro-stuttering after Alt+Tab

Post by oyildirim » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:24 am

I do also have the same issue as the original poster. I'm glad that I am not only one that experience this problem. Wish GIANTS will adress this issue in an update. :)

Boerke Jos
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:40 pm

Re: Micro-stuttering after Alt+Tab

Post by Boerke Jos » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:18 pm

oyildirim wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:24 am
I do also have the same issue as the original poster. I'm glad that I am not only one that experience this problem. Wish GIANTS will adress this issue in an update. :)
Hey
Yes, it is absolutely nice to hear I'm not the only one with this issue. I reported this issue aswell in the bug-report forum. Maybe it would be nice if everyone with this issue takes a look there and comment, so Giants will notice this quicker! viewtopic.php?f=965&t=139783

Thank you!

rikor420
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 6:59 am

Re: Micro-stuttering after Alt+Tab

Post by rikor420 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:48 am

I hate to ask, but have you updated your Video Drivers?

Boerke Jos
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:40 pm

Re: Micro-stuttering after Alt+Tab

Post by Boerke Jos » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:43 pm

rikor420 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:48 am
I hate to ask, but have you updated your Video Drivers?
Yes, I did.

User avatar
LS09God
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:38 am
Location: Netherlands.

Re: Micro-stuttering after Alt+Tab

Post by LS09God » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:32 am

Tried to mimic wat you guys are experiencing but I have no issues. Alt_tabbing out and in multiple times. Fps stays at 60. :hmm:
Even the full-screen vs windowed full-screen issue is not reproducible on my system. Guess this is again a very random graphics bug.

Wat I have notice however, is the fact that the game does not like background programs to be running. Focus on the game exe seems to be lost very quickly.
Close all non game and system essential apps, that might help in some cases.
Specs:
Asrock 990FX Extreme 3 mobo.
AMD FX-8320 Eight core processor.
Corsair 16Gb DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) internal mem.
Sandisk 256Gb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte G1 Gaming Geforce GTX 1070 graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Thrustmaster HOTAS.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.

Boerke Jos
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:40 pm

Re: Micro-stuttering after Alt+Tab

Post by Boerke Jos » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:08 pm

LS09God wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:32 am
Tried to mimic wat you guys are experiencing but I have no issues. Alt_tabbing out and in multiple times. Fps stays at 60. :hmm:
Even the full-screen vs windowed full-screen issue is not reproducible on my system. Guess this is again a very random graphics bug.

Wat I have notice however, is the fact that the game does not like background programs to be running. Focus on the game exe seems to be lost very quickly.
Close all non game and system essential apps, that might help in some cases.
No that's not the issue. I don't lose any fps, I stay at the samen 120fps or 60fps but it is not the same smooth feeling after ALT+Tab.

Post Reply