Trees

mckmury

Trees

Post by mckmury »

I mean to address this to Giants, but if anybody else has seen this issue, please let me know!

This game is awesome! I’m a die hard John Deere guy, so when I saw you were adding it, I decided I’d try the game out, and I’m sure glad I did! The only major issue I’m having is this:

When I cut down trees and grind the stumps away, I believe the game doesn’t recognize the tree as being gone because I not only am not able to edit terrain there, but I can’t even build buildings there!

This is extremely frustrating for those of us trying to expand and build our farms! Please help! (I have tried this mostly around the biogas plant on ravenport)
Dogface

Re: Trees

Post by Dogface »

There are definitely places on the map that are locked for no obvious reason, and that should be fixed.

Just in case, you should always check those spots for stumps or even that wedge of wood that is sometimes created when you cut a tree down.
mckmury

Post by mckmury »

Thanks for the tip, I have had a few that I was frustrated over only to find out a tiny wedge was leftover, but after moving the wedge those spots were fine. But this was only on a few, the rest are still not working. I did notice that there was no wedge on a few, even after I had cut them down. My guess is that they somehow got stuck under the map and therefore cause you to not be able to build. I’d like to see the developers look into this one because that’s the only thing I can think of.
Roger13r

Post by Roger13r »

Also when you cut a tree down and it happens to fall on the property that you do not own. You can not continue to cut the tree down because it says "you do not own this land". It's my tree and I want to take care of it.. So I need to get some kinda piece of equipment to move it back into my property. To finish cutting.. You use equipment to take log from said property, move it back in to yours cut it.. Pieces are to heavy to pick up.. Get a machine push logs around trying to grapple them.. Push them back onto the property you don't own and repeat.
rwatt

Post by rwatt »

I have this same problem. A lot of the trees I cut down around the edge of my land partially fall into land I don't own and I can't cut it. I end up having to drag the tree back over to my land first.

Secondly, there are invisible branches on those large red trees already on my land (not sure of the official tree type). Or something is wrong with the branches, because if I put one on a trailer it will get snagged by an in-game object. But technically, I don't see anything snagged. Often times, I might make it down the road only to have my trailer get stuck between light poles. It might take a long time or tricky maneuvering to even get the trailer free, because I don't actually see what's getting snagged.

Here's my game where you can see this "T" branch getting caught by the lower left object:

[Edited to add: Here's what I'm talking about: https://steamcommunity.com/app/787860/d ... 293062482/. The collision seems off.]

Those are two of the biggest bugs with trees I've seen so far.
Roger13r wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:39 pm Also when you cut a tree down and it happens to fall on the property that you do not own. You can not continue to cut the tree down because it says "you do not own this land". It's my tree and I want to take care of it.. So I need to get some kinda piece of equipment to move it back into my property. To finish cutting.. You use equipment to take log from said property, move it back in to yours cut it.. Pieces are to heavy to pick up.. Get a machine push logs around trying to grapple them.. Push them back onto the property you don't own and repeat.
drizz786

Post by drizz786 »

rwatt wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:35 pm I have this same problem. A lot of the trees I cut down around the edge of my land partially fall into land I don't own and I can't cut it. I end up having to drag the tree back over to my land first.

Secondly, there are invisible branches on those large red trees already on my land (not sure of the official tree type). Or something is wrong with the branches, because if I put one on a trailer it will get snagged by an in-game object. But technically, I don't see anything snagged. Often times, I might make it down the road only to have my trailer get stuck between light poles. It might take a long time or tricky maneuvering to even get the trailer free, because I don't actually see what's getting snagged.

Here's my game where you can see this "T" branch getting caught by the lower left object:

[Edited to add: Here's what I'm talking about: https://steamcommunity.com/app/787860/d ... 293062482/. The collision seems off.]

Those are two of the biggest bugs with trees I've seen so far.
Roger13r wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:39 pm Also when you cut a tree down and it happens to fall on the property that you do not own. You can not continue to cut the tree down because it says "you do not own this land". It's my tree and I want to take care of it.. So I need to get some kinda piece of equipment to move it back into my property. To finish cutting.. You use equipment to take log from said property, move it back in to yours cut it.. Pieces are to heavy to pick up.. Get a machine push logs around trying to grapple them.. Push them back onto the property you don't own and repeat.
Me too good screen cap thanks .
Roger13r

Post by Roger13r »

Yes great screen shot. You nailed the head! I had the same exact issues. The branches... I got so tired messing with the trees I just was cuttin small pieces and throwing them into the back of a trailer... Drive up by the barn to get rid of them and they are gettin caught on invisible things. Tried to even drag a log using the fliegle claw attachment... What a joke! I'm not very happy with this FS19 very very very disappointed. If I hadn't traded in my FS17 already I'd go back to playing that.