Placables have disappeared on my Mercury farms map

mullanandrew

Placables have disappeared on my Mercury farms map

Post by mullanandrew »

Most of my placable buildings have disappeared including farm house. Tried resetting console ECT. All mods are checked "on" for map. Lost crops in missing silo and animals. Xbox one Mercury farms
GTSilverado

Re: Placables have disappeared on my Mercury farms map

Post by GTSilverado »

On ps4 pro. I just had the same thing happen to me on Ravenport map 40 hours of placing fence, trees, silos, house, sheds gone. Root crop storage placeables gone 600,000 liters of sugar beets gone, hay loft placeables gone 500,00 liters of hay and straw gone. Half of fence missing, half of building missing. First time I have had something like this happen I save often just in case it crashes but never like this. Even most of the sell points that are made into the map from giants are gone. The only thing the changed today was I installed anderson dlc and red barn with doors mod. I did try to uninstall those and see if that was it but it did not work. Game save still messed up and other game saves are missing thing as well. Please look into this giants.
kapiwie

Post by kapiwie »

Same thing happened to me on Ravenport PS4 Slim contacted Giants and they sent me here . I don’t know what it can be caused by but maybe crashed save files
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Had this occurred to me on ps4 on both mercury farms and felsbrunn my house and multiple money cheat signs vanished, luckily it was my test maps but still annoying, the buildings was there saved and reloaded and they are gone. I was trying to test something with the more trees mod, I was wondering if I placed a tree, which takes 2 slots on console, would I get the slots back if I remove the tree. Loaded up on Mercury Farms placed a house, 31 Government Subsidy signs and landscaped a nice flat spot, place 1 tree l, slots went up by 2, removed the tree and the slots didn’t change so I was worried a bit, opened the store to look at the tree and it stated I still owned the tree so I decided to save and reload, did that and when I came back, the house was gone had 5 government subsidy signs instead of the 31 I placed. I Thought this may have been a mod map bug so I loaded up Felsbrunn and did the same thing and same thing occurred. so I did the same thing thinking maybe the government subsidies was causing it so placed the house and 31 government subsidies but this time I didn’t place a tree, saved reloaded and nothing everything was fine had the house and 31 signs reloaded 2 more times thinking maybe it was just luck and still house and the 31 signs remained, then to see if I was crazy I placed a tree and removed it after then saved and reloaded and then when I loaded back in the house was gone and I lost a bunch of signs. So my assumption is the placeable trees was causing this because as long as I don’t remove a tree I place it is fine, if the tree is removed it happens and I lose placeables. My guess on why it happens is when you remove the tree, the game doesn’t immediately detect it, So you save and quit and reload and the game basically is like ‘wait what happened to that tree you had’ (game doesn’t literally say that obviously), This confuses the game and for some reason it dumps your placeables because of it? All I know is it doesn’t occur unless if I remove a tree placed with the more trees mod assuming it occurs with other placeable tree mods as well.
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Had this happen on Marwell Manor yesterday, would like to know what's causing it so I can avoid it on other saves. Posted a Modhub bug report for it, link below.

viewtopic.php?f=966&t=145249
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I think that theory about the tree mod being responsible is a good shout. I'd place a tree but didn't like it's position so deleted it just before saving and exiting the game. I'm going to uninstall that mod to be on the safe side.
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Ritchie wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:20 pm I think that theory about the tree mod being responsible is a good shout. I'd place a tree but didn't like it's position so deleted it just before saving and exiting the game. I'm going to uninstall that mod to be on the safe side.
Yeah I've removed the mod and haven't had it occur since. So more and more I'm thinking it's the culprit which *censored* as it was a handy mod but it is what it is I guess.
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Who'd have thought one little tree could cause so much devastation! :lol:
GTSilverado

Post by GTSilverado »

I agree that it must of been something with placeable tree mod I was selling trees before I saved and everything was fine. Then when I load game save back up everything was all messed up and stuff was missing so I deleted trees mod and hopefully problem does not occur again.
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Ritchie wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:01 pm Who'd have thought one little tree could cause so much devastation! :lol:
Lol maybe the tree is mad we cut its brethren down so it retaliated by messing up our save games :lol:
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Rawuwa

Post by Rawuwa »

Same thing happened to me on Mercury Farms wouldn't be bad and could start over but I don't have any sell points except for sealed milk and lumber sell point I do not have any placeable trees anywhere on the map never have anyone know what is going on
smaggies

Post by smaggies »

Hello All, Same here with Missing Items on Map, So my Story is, I turn off the Mods so a Friend could Join. I did maybe give him Ranch Manager Position, Yea he changed some Values, as Cash and Land to Canadian Values. Well when I meet him at the Ranch, that's when I noticed, Missing Dairy Barn, Steel Sheds for Tractors and your Shop and Lights. After reading this Article, I did have Placeable Orchard of "Oranges" , the are Missing also, so I turn off the Mod for them Orchard. Did not fix, I did that day add plenty of Mods and the later Delete them. I attempted to replant the Trees, in same spot, would not Work, tried with new Dairy Barn, nope, I thought that I would need to Clean up the Soil remove all past Concrete/Straw to Rebuild, did not work, I got that tool that returns land back to it Original State, I thats where the Image of the Ground Under the Dairy, Reapeard. So Yes I did Sell them Trees, never cut all down. I was able to replace them Shops over where the where before, No Problems?

Well I hope we find a solution to the Error or Mad Trees..
thanks
lomaner

Post by lomaner »

you can load backup saves in the savegamebackup folder in documents
Thantops

Post by Thantops »

I was playing No Man's Land and had this happen.

Last night, I'd used the chainsaw and stump grinder to remove 5 out of 7 "wooden supports".

When I loaded the game this morning, almost all my placeables were gone.

The supports look like this in the savegame's items.xml:

Code: Select all

<item age="0" farmId="1" rotation="0.0000 0.0000 0.0000" position="90.1993 100.4111 -189.3984" filename="$moddir$FS19_Wooden_support_storage/Woodsupport.xml" id="20" className="TreePlaceable" seasonsYears="0.000000" price="35.000000" modName="FS19_Wooden_support_storage" splitShapeFileId="1"/>
This mod has the className of "TreePlaceable" and the directions tell people to use the chainsaw to remove them, which is a problem because that seems to cause this issue (unless you don't grind the leftover stump perhaps) and you can't sell them from the garage. I assume this is the same issue people removing placed trees are having.

I went into my savegameBackup directory and found that my previous save was good. Then I compared the files and noticed that the old working backup file, despite having the wooden_support items, didn't have something that the broken current save file had, which were 5 lines that looked like this:
<item/>

Given I'd removed 5 things, these seemed like a likely culprit. I deleted them from my currently broken save to see what would happen.

My broken save worked again.

So two things learned:
  1. Sawing off the wooden supports and grinding them away to nothing leaves behind empty item containers in the items.xml file which seems to break your save by causing all or most of your placeables to disappear.
  2. It seems you can fix this by going into your items.xml and removing the lines that contain "<item/>" instead of trying to find an old backup, redo your work, and potentially have the same thing happen.
Hopefully others find this useful. I'll post this to other threads where people are mentioned this. Sorry to console players as I'm guessing this won't help them much. Maybe Giants or the mod authors can add something that would do some cleanup of empty items?
Jure_13

Post by Jure_13 »

Had this happen to me on a modded Felsbrunn map. I used Lumberjack mod to remove some trees and stumps , planted some more trees and all farm buildings disappeared.

Thank you for this, saved my day and then some! :)