machinery starts doing circles, or unable to control the game.

moyzie

machinery starts doing circles, or unable to control the game.

Post by moyzie »

Hi all
This has been happening since a update about 3 months ago and each steam update it happens about 30 sec some times 3 mins in to playing the game. Most recent update was last night. This update has been the worst so far.
I am playing on a 1 yo pc and am having a problem where in the middle of working a paddock or just driving between paddocks the vehcicles (any vehicle on the game that I might be driving just starts doing circles and freezes my pc I have to restart the pc. Another problem is contracts stop harvesting/working and just run over with the message you do not own this field.

processes done so far:
unticked all usb rootdevices to not be controlled by windows, result has stopped me having to restart the pc to be able to type after using task manager to close the game.
unticked keyboard windows control panel/device manager to allow windows to sleep device, resulted was no effect.

edit1: I have gone to steam and verified files as I thought it may have been corrupted. and verify completed it still does the problem

The problem also occurs with workers just doing circles randomly uncontrollably
I am using the Ravenport map
a old dell keyboard usb 2.0
I have deleted PJtrailer pack mod as I noticed in the log file just as I was writing this it has a error. though it was happening prior to installing the mod and still continues after deleting the mod. after testing the game now.

Log file attached.
version 1.3.0.1 as of 19/4/2019
log.txt
(29.86 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
moyzie

Re: machinery starts doing circles, or unable to control the game.

Post by moyzie »

I have worked out that it is plowing that is the problem
*thumbsdown* *thumbsdown**thumbsdown* *thumbsdown*

So I did a experiment with different plows the errors that happen change one plow the money goes in a $2,000 a minute reduction like a free fall countdown.
another plow the circles are in reverse
and a third plow the smallest one the tractors just drive and you cannot control them at all.
moyzie

Post by moyzie »

more research has found that it was related to the followme mod
there is a update released 10 April 19 that seems to have fixed it so far.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
moyzie

Post by moyzie »

as of about 15 mins ago offline playing no this has not fixed the problem some vehicles still randomly drive uncontrollably in circles and straight lines.
Any help would be apprecieated.
böserlöwe
GIANTS Software | Support Engineer

Post by böserlöwe »

first i would say you have to update the grafics driver.
second i the Mod of Courseplay, use always the last version of github. here https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay/releases

third if the steering has malfunction, check all mods that change anything in steering...
Whats with: FS19_guidanceSteering
moyzie

Post by moyzie »

Thanks for the ideas böserlöwe !

I have updated my GPu drivers and also courseplay to 6.0.1.
I will let you know what happens in a while.

the mod FS19_GuidenceSteering
is a GPS steering mod that works well it is not a full steering mod but very close to real life GPS steering guidance in tractors that is used here in Australia. Where as you need to stop it at the end of the field and turn the vehicle to the next line. and engage.
moyzie

Post by moyzie »

by böserlöwe » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:15 am

third if the steering has malfunction, check all mods that change anything in steering...
Whats with: FS19_guidanceSteering
It is not steering it is the game itself it disconnects the keyboard and mouse. and i cannot tab vehicles or do anything in the game I can right click and open the courseplay window but I cannot click anything or interact with the game. if I click outside the game on the second screen I can operate the PC as per normal but cannot play the game I have to close the game via second screen and restart it. some times I have to push reset button on PC to restart PC, still.