Anderson DLC - Poplar baletype

PortableGamer

Anderson DLC - Poplar baletype

Post by PortableGamer »

Am I just missing it? I've looked everywhere I possibly can, trying to figure out how to add the poplar bale, or wood chip bale, to a mod map so I can, you know, actually use the DLC I bought from you. Any tips?

Giants, I will say this. No matter how many times you let me down, no matter how many times you disappoint me, you still somehow always find a way to disappoint me.
Laughinggravy

Re: Anderson DLC - Poplar baletype

Post by Laughinggravy »

I don't want to disappoint you anymore and will stand corrected if i'm wrong but i don't think it's down to Giants to supply you with a point to sell your bio bales on a mod map it's down to the maker of the mod map to do that. Have a look on Google for Bio Heating Plant By Stevie it will work fine for selling your bio bales.
PortableGamer

Post by PortableGamer »

You seem confused. I'm not asking Giants to retroactively edit every mod map so I can sell my wood chip bales. I'm asking Giants to provide documentation so I can edit the mod maps myself.

They sold me a DLC without including information I need to use the BioBaler. That's shitty customer service.

I kid, I kid. That's Giant's customer service.
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

So to avoid anymore confusion on my part are these mod maps your going on about one's you've made yourself and if not could you say which map or maps your on about?
PortableGamer

Post by PortableGamer »

They are mods maps. What difference does it make?

Giants failed to include documentation in the Anderson DLC showing how to add the poplar baletype to a map or placeable. You're clearly a fanboi and you're going to tapdance around this, but it is a fact. As it is sold by Giants, the Anderson DLC BioBaler can only be used on Felsbrunn and Ravenport.

Your solution is to use a mod. Sounds good. I checked the Modhub and didn't see Stevie's heating plant there. So your solution is to download a mod Giants hasn't test and authorized - hence, not on the Modhub - from a dodgy Russian malware site. That is your customer service solution to this, rather than Giants releasing the DLC with a link to a PDF with instructions for editing in the baletype?
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Just a couple of suggestions as your clearly very angry about it. Try changing your attitude as your coming across as a bit of an *$#%§* and the other is try asking the maker of the map as i'm sure Giants and a lot of the others on here will just ignore you. Hope you get it sorted and try calming down a bit its only a game.
PortableGamer

Post by PortableGamer »

Nope, not angry at all.

Yeah, see, I don't pester map makers asking them to add things. That's possibly the stupidest thing I've heard from you yet. What I'm looking to do is make the edit myself.

So bottom line, Giants didn't provide and does not have documentation on how to add the baletype. That's all you needed to say.

And your opinion about my attitude is, I mean cmon man, no one gives a **** what you think.

Cheers
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Your 100% correct in everything you say and sorry the mistake was made on my behalf that your angry as its now clear to me your very disappointed not angry. If you get anywhere with this please do let me know although the few mod maps i've played on from modhub have been converted in a update by the maker to accept the bio bales so why yours hasn't i don't know. If you get anything back from Giants as they just ignore me due to not giving a **** what i think can you ask them if they are going to fix the other two bugs connected to the DLC as well please. Many thanks for the heads up on the Russian malware sites as well, being a bit stupid i didn't realise Stevies facebook page was one of them it's something to watch out for in the future. The problem we seem to be faced with though is some modders are fed up with Giants and modhub and are now uploading stuff onto their facebook pages but now you've pointed out that they are Russian malware sites i will give them a miss and only get maps and mods from modhub as they are always 100%. It's very commendable of you not to pester the map makers and go straight to Giants although the few i know of normally have a Russian malware site or facebook page to go on and ask them questions and to give them feedback on their maps. Good luck with it and please let me know of any progress you make although your obviously a very smart person who i think could figure it out for himself without any help from Giants.
PortableGamer

Post by PortableGamer »

You seem desperately confused. About a lot of things. Sadly, I don't care so you'll need to sort those issues out on your own.

What I can offer you is a tip on how forums work. I asked a question. 'Where can I find documentation on adding a baletype?'

If you can answer the question, join the forum. If you know the documentation cannot be found, join the forum. If you just want to bicker cause I insulted your favorite game developer, well, maybe give it a pass.
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Once again your 100% correct except i don't want to bicker i was just trying to help you out a bit and once again sorry if any offence has been caused but i've said sorry twice and admitted your 100% right twice so there's little else i can say except many thanks for the tip *thumbsup*
TonyB

Post by TonyB »

PortableGamer, have you played on any these mod maps, that you say need a new bale type, to see if the Anderson DLC machines work and you can sell, store or transport the bales? Please post your reply
Guil

Post by Guil »

Thread locked, you can try again with a new thread but don't be so insulting or argumentative if you expect anyone to help you.