FS17 on Origin DLC question

BC2019

FS17 on Origin DLC question

Post by BC2019 »

I bought FS17 via Origin. I know it cannot be patched with the official patch - it will say the game is not installed. I have bought 2013, 2015 and 2017 via Origin over the years and they have never offered any DLC through Origin. My question is that if the patches will not install (which EA is extremely slow to push), will the DLC also not install? I have never bought a DLC item because I am uncertain that I can even use it with the Origin version of FS.

Regards
don_apple

Re: FS17 on Origin DLC question

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

As you can see on https://www.farming-simulator.com/dlc.p ... country=us the DLCs released for FS17 usually requre at least Version 1.4 of the game, so if Origin only provides the original version of the game and none of the patches then you won't be able to install and use any of the DLCs.

Also it could be that if Origin doesn't install the game in the standard locationsthen you might not be able t install the DLCs even if you mange to update the game to the latest version.

Therefore it might be worth thinking about buying the game directly from Giants or via Steam instead of Origin if you want to be able to use any of the DLCs.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

The DLC bought on farming-simulator.com are also working with the Origin version.

The patch can not be manually installed, as the game on Origin will be automatically updated. This is similar to how it works with the Steam version (with the difference that the DLCs can also be bough directly through Steam, but the DLCs from farming-simulator.com also work).
BC2019

Post by BC2019 »

Thanks for the answers!