Fields growing at different rates

Eljaffacakeo

Fields growing at different rates

Post by Eljaffacakeo »

Stop me if this has been done before, I know that it has been mentioned before but I have a different issue here I think than to the standard 'half my field grew before the rest' issue.

It is important to note that I am playing two mod maps - PeterVil and This is Ireland and that on both I am running the 'Growth Control Mod'. From that mod I came to the realisation that it is not necessarily when you plant the field, but that certain crops, map wide, enter into the next growth phase at the same time and your growth depends on when in that cycle you plant. So I understand that if you plant the headlands of a field and then the global growth stage changes, you are going to find that your headlands are now a full stage ahead of the rest of the field.

but my problem is, that I use the growth control mod, and I have my 'stage changes' set to 24hrs, that was it takes roughly 4 in game days to mature and be ready to harvest. Now, I use the HUD on this mod to see when to plant however when I planted this field, random squares around the outside of my field are a full stage ahead of the rest. Normally I would attribute this to planting on the cusp of the change but as far as i am aware, this never happened. And anyway, its not everything that I planted, some squares (or tiles) didnt grow first and are with the rest of the field. So for instance, I have 2 squares, both planted with wheat at the same time, yet one enters the 1st growth stage before the other??

How could that happen? On my Ireland map, its cut grass that is the problem. I have 5 fields all cut during the same stage yet are growing now at different stages?

Can anyone help me understand this?

Thanks.