FPS Issues

sledhead12

FPS Issues

Post by sledhead12 »

First off I would like to say that I am new to playing Farming Simulator on PC. Although I have played a lot on console both 17 & 19.
I decided to switch to PC after seeing how much more is out there for the game on PC.

I built my own pc with the following specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
ASrock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3000 Memory
Crucial MX500 500GB Solid State Drive
MSI Radeon RX570 8GB Armor OC Video Card
Thermaltake V200 RGB ATX Tower
EVGA B3 650W Modular Power Supply

So I have this hooked up to my Samsung 4k TV. I am aware that I wont get the full 4k experience with this setup.

What I am struggling with is the display settings in the game. I cant get a constant 60 fps. I have adjusted the display resolution to match what my TV is native. Which is 3840x2160. I have adjusted settings from low to high and it doesn't seem to matter. Even at low settings it still drops fps to roughly 40 fps somewhat frequently.

I have read through the forum a lot and it seems that everyone has experienced FPS drops but no one really explains what fixed it or maybe everyone is just dealing with low FPS? I feel like with a PC this shouldn't be acceptable?

I have a lot of computer experience but none with pc gaming. So a lot of the settings make no sense to me. The pc is basically only used for Farming simulator(and actually the only game on the pc) so there shouldn't be any kind of lag on the system besides the game itself.

If anyone could give me some insight to what I can do to get the FPS up and still make the game look good it would be of tremendous help!

When it does work good its an amazing looking game and I love playing it!
Johan501

Re: FPS Issues

Post by Johan501 »

Hi,

I have the same problem. I started the game again after I didn't play it for a while. Installed it with free Mahindra DLC and free Holmer dlc from website. Triet different settings and 2 different resolutions: 1080p and 1440p.

I only tried Ravenport with no further mods. Installed latest patch too.

And wow, frame drops. It should be running at 60fps at my system. But a lot of frame drops from 60 to 30 and a lot between 30 and 60.

My gaming is not the best, but more then enough:
Ryzen 5 2600, all cores overclocked to 4GHz
RTX 2070, stable Overclock
32GB RAM DDR4 3000MHz
Installed on nvme ssd
Windows 10 pro

Tries Nvidia control panel too, nothing worked. Both CPU and GPU uses under 50% while gaming if I'm right. I just have send a mail to Giants Software. Because this is really really bad. My pc is fine, all.my other games plays fine like they should. This game or map (Ravenport) is really badly optimized and I paid for a game with serious bad issue. (While ago).

I thought I give a reply to you. You are not alone, so I hope Giants Software will fix this very very soon.
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

Remember that you need to traverse the whole map a few times. The game needs to create a shader cash file.
When you start the game after a few times, you'll notice that the frame rate settles.

This also happens when you change mayor settings ( Like AA or Shader quality and even LOD distance settings) and start the same map you where playing before the settings change.

Also, if you have mirrors enabled, the time it takes to get a more steady frame rate will be longer.

So get in a car and explore the map, that way you can get familiarized with all places of intrest. Make sure you cover the whole map. :hi:
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
Johan501

Post by Johan501 »

LS09God wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:21 pm Remember that you need to traverse the whole map a few times. The game needs to create a shader cash file.
When you start the game after a few times, you'll notice that the frame rate settles.

This also happens when you change mayor settings ( Like AA or Shader quality and even LOD distance settings) and start the same map you where playing before the settings change.

Also, if you have mirrors enabled, the time it takes to get a more steady frame rate will be longer.

So get in a car and explore the map, that way you can get familiarized with all places of intrest. Make sure you cover the whole map. :hi:
So if I just use a car and drive the whole map then it's for 100% sure that after a while there are no framedrops anymore?
Or could there be a change that the game has some performace issues? I hope the first one haha. But I have never heard that something like that can work.
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

You're hoping for a miracle here. Lol.
No, I know for a fact that you will still have fps drops. The more mods on the map, the bigger the map or system variables are still in play.
Also bad scripting causes call stacks, witch in turn slow down the game engine.
You'll never get rid of it, unless the game is better optimized for cool fps rates.. Even multi thousand euro/dollar costing systems fail in there task of shelling out high fps rates.
Granted, if the play map is empty, yeah, 60fps all the time. And it is capped at 60Hz. So it's not getting higher than that.... *thumbsdown*

Solution: Blink with your eyes at the moment the fps drop occurs. You'll never notice the drop. :lol:

Edit: My mods folder contains 427 zip files. Everything is activated in the game and the map is loaded with almost all mods that are in that folder.
Frames per second? :frown: Maximum 44Hz. That's my world at the moment.....
Specs:
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Fiber connection.
Johan501

Post by Johan501 »

LS09God wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:19 am You're hoping for a miracle here. Lol.
No, I know for a fact that you will still have fps drops. The more mods on the map, the bigger the map or system variables are still in play.
Also bad scripting causes call stacks, witch in turn slow down the game engine.
You'll never get rid of it, unless the game is better optimized for cool fps rates.. Even multi thousand euro/dollar costing systems fail in there task of shelling out high fps rates.
Granted, if the play map is empty, yeah, 60fps all the time. And it is capped at 60Hz. So it's not getting higher than that.... *thumbsdown*

Solution: Blink with your eyes at the moment the fps drop occurs. You'll never notice the drop. :lol:

Edit: My mods folder contains 427 zip files. Everything is activated in the game and the map is loaded with almost all mods that are in that folder.
Frames per second? :frown: Maximum 44Hz. That's my world at the moment.....
Nope, that are your words, not mine. :lol: You said something, I ask just to make sure what you mean.

And I was talking about a vanilla game, just 3 official DLC (2x mahindra and 1x free Holmer pack). And yes I know that.
As far as I can remember, when I first played FS19 it performed better then now. Even FS17 played better and then was on a gaming laptop. Yes I know, FS17 is not FS19.

Yes I know that, I know some things too. :wink3: On my pc with 60Hz is can even get more FPS just with disabling v-sync or set to fast in Nvidia Control Panel.

But my question was, so if I cover the whole map, without mods (only those 3 dlc) and just after covering it, is the fps going to be better like you said? I mean always 60fps till the game has too many vehicles, stuff, mods, etc to handle 60fps always.
When I tried to played, just hiring an npc and looking around, etc it has serious frame drops.

You mean 44FPS? Hz is refresh rate.
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

This is all I seem to have accomplished in my play setup. Yes, by Hz I mean fps. Pictures per sec' or ticks per sec, wat's the difference. It's both something per second. Lol

And I did answer your question with some sarcasm, because the forum is riddled with posts like this. Non are solved and non will be.
The game runs fine when starting a fresh game. After a while things go,... well sloooowwwlllllyyyyy. :chinese:

I faced the truth, FS19 or maybe even the successors, are resource heavy games.
I hope maybe you'll still find a solution and if you do, many of us would also want to know how to solve this ongoing issue. :hi:
Specs:
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Fiber connection.
Johan501

Post by Johan501 »

LS09God wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:54 am This is all I seem to have accomplished in my play setup. Yes, by Hz I mean fps. Pictures per sec' or ticks per sec, wat's the difference. It's both something per second. Lol

And I did answer your question with some sarcasm, because the forum is riddled with posts like this. Non are solved and non will be.
The game runs fine when starting a fresh game. After a while things go,... well sloooowwwlllllyyyyy. :chinese:

I faced the truth, FS19 or maybe even the successors, are resource heavy games.
I hope maybe you'll still find a solution and if you do, many of us would also want to know how to solve this ongoing issue. :hi:
Yeah I know, but if you want to say frames per second, then it's fps, not Hz :zunge:
Oh sorry, I don't understand sarcasm that well.
Mine does not. I mean if you say driving whole map does work I must tried it, but starting the a fresh game, no downloaded mods, only 3 official (small) dlc the game definitely does not run fine at all.

Yeah, more CPU bound if I am right, but it should run fine with a fresh installed game.
If I find a solution, I will post it on the forum. :)
sledhead12

Post by sledhead12 »

LS09God wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:21 pm Remember that you need to traverse the whole map a few times. The game needs to create a shader cash file.

This makes sense to me. I was changing some of these settings and I never seen a difference in FPS BUT I also didn't give it much time. I would make the changes fire up the same map and look around for a couple minutes and see no change and then get more frustrated. I would see 60 fps at times and then others it would drop to 30 fps, but it is a consistent 45-50 fps overall. It just is a big difference in visuals when going from 60 fps to 40 fps. Definitely still playable just not letting the game shine like it could.

I also don't have many mods activated either. my mods folder has maybe 80 zipped files and the map itself has roughly 20-30 mods actually being used on the map.

With the drive around with a car idea...Does it work to just activate landscape tool and then zoom around the map or does that not have the same effect as actually driving a car?

I know there has been a lot of different posts in regards to the FPS issues with the game but no one gave solid opinions just complained about it. So thank you for some solid information on what could help my situation.
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

@sledhead12
If you use a vehicle, you can use the indoor cam, that way you also cover the mirror views. BUT, remember the more mods in the game and on the map, the heavier it gets for the computer. A tip, make more "contractor" areas with a reasonable distance between them. This way you spread the placeables and the vehicles more widely over the map. When you're in one place, the other places are out of view and don't get rendered. Meaning higher,...@Johan501, ok fine, FPS. :wink3: :smileynew:
Specs:
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Fiber connection.
sledhead12

Post by sledhead12 »

After more experimenting with my issues, I have come to realize that the map itself makes a big difference also. I use the same mods on a different map and my fps is 55-60 all the time!

Doing the drive around did help settle the fps on the map I was having frustrations with.

So if you are having issues with fps it could very well be the map just not being optimized well enough or something like that
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

sledhead, give the map around you time to load th shader catch as suggested. It will not fix everything but will give you a good base to go off. A lot of equipment in one area can also cause fps drops. Stacks of bales, heaps of grain, etc. can also cause fps drops. The trick is to keep things spread out.

I'm playing on woodshire. I chose to build my own farm at the standard 2nd farm area and the amount of trees there cause FPS drops and stuttering as you're moving around. I have a pretty stout computer but I know you're never going to get a constant 60fps in all circumstance with FS.
Playing on PC
johnsmith101

Post by johnsmith101 »

I've read several threads that are pointing the finger at easy anti cheat.. for some reason or another.. it seams to me the fame is rendering sonthing that isnt there.. I have done everything I can do on the issue.. my fps is all over the place. And shouldnt be. Pre patch I was running in the 140s to 160s now. 50s at drop and scale up and down to 45 .

Decreasing in game settings have no effect.. I went from high setting to low. And not a 1 fps difference. So sonthing is goning on..
Zachary2

Post by Zachary2 »

If you're experiencing low FPS, your computer's hardware just can't keep up (or you have too much junk software running in the background) and you can fix it by upgrading your computer's hardware (or reducing the game's graphical settings). If you're experiencing lag, that's a network problem.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Zachary2 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:46 pm If you're experiencing low FPS, your computer's hardware just can't keep up (or you have too much junk software running in the background) and you can fix it by upgrading your computer's hardware (or reducing the game's graphical settings). If you're experiencing lag, that's a network problem.
Yeah... definetly. Not like most of the large Youtubers aren't running top of the line machines, last I checked an RTX 2080TI (and a matching CPU, RAM, SSD/HDD, etc. Believe thats DJGoHams PC) can't make GIANTS engine behave.
My case a i5-9400F and GTX1660TI aren't pinned and still are dropping frames, definitely is Chrome being open (sarcasm). My laptop with 15 is a different story (barely meets the min spec).
One thing GIANTS Engine is known for is being terribly optimized.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.