Mods causing keybinding errors

JayC

Mods causing keybinding errors

Post by JayC »

I've had this massive error show up in my log recently. I've weeded out 10 mods from all the mods I have downloaded. That took me quite awhile to sort through them all and identify the problem mods. To make sure it wasn't a mod conflict, I loaded the affected mods up in Farm Sim (one by one even) with no other mods in the mods folder. It would still throw the error. I also get the keybinding error if I use a mod with IC. For whatever reason, my Farm Sim doesn't like IC mods. However, most of the mods I have are from the in game Modhub. The others are mainly off of Yesmods.

Here is a link to the whole log file if you want to see it. In the log you will see only the affected mods installed. I will also include some text of the error so you can see what's going on. Any help is much appreciated!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzw4l103hvwlequ/log.txt?dl=0

Warning: Tried assigning the binding [(KEY_slash), deviceId: KB_MOUSE_DEFAULT, axisComponent: +, index: 1, isActive: true, isShadowed: false isInverted: nil, isDown: false, isUp: false, inputValue: 0] to markerRotation to an occupied slot. The new binding has been ignored
Warning: Tried assigning the binding [(KEY_m), deviceId: KB_MOUSE_DEFAULT, axisComponent: +, index: 1, isActive: true, isShadowed: false isInverted: nil, isDown: false, isUp: false, inputValue: 0] to SV_ACTIVATE_SERVICE to an occupied slot. The new binding has been ignored
Warning: Tried assigning the binding [(KEY_l), deviceId: KB_MOUSE_DEFAULT, axisComponent: +, index: 1, isActive: true, isShadowed: false isInverted: nil, isDown: false, isUp: false, inputValue: 0] to SV_SET_MARKERS to an occupied slot. The new binding has been ignored
cwattyeso

Re: Mods causing keybinding errors

Post by cwattyeso »

I can tell you now it's from old Autoloading Mods.

Looking at your log I'd say culprits are the fs19_autoloa mod and the EXP19_BigTex_Trailer mods.

They use an old version of the EasyAutoload Script fron Alfalfa and that's bad because each mod loads its own script and therefore tries to bind keys for the autloading functions in game, and therefore you get the conflict as they try to use the same keys as each other and you get that spam warning text in your log eventually bloating your log file to massive size.

To fix, remove all the autoload mods you use from your mod folder. Start the game, load a save, go to the keybindings in the menu and reset your keybindings. Save the game, close and exit.

Then head to nexus mods and download Alfalfa's Global Auto Load Script the latest version: https://www.nexusmods.com/farmingsimulator19/mods/117

Then download and install only autoloading vehicles or trailers that have been updated to use this new script and your warnings/errors will be a thing of the past. A good general rule of thumb after downloading an autoload mod, before dropping it into your mods folder and loading it in game, look inside the zip and see if there is a folder or file inside the zip file named 'easyAutoLoader.lua' or something similar. If it does this indicates it's an old mod that needs updating and you should not use it until it's updated. No autoloading vehicle or trailer should include the script going forward at this point, but should reference and load Alfalfa's linked above which is installed separately.

EDIT:
The other error in the log file:
SV_ACTIVATE_SERVICE to an occupied slot. The new binding has been ignored
Warning: Tried assigning the binding [(KEY_l), deviceId: KB_MOUSE_DEFAULT, axisComponent: +, index: 1, isActive: true, isShadowed: false isInverted: nil, isDown: false, isUp: false, inputValue: 0] to SV_SET_MARKERS to an occupied slot. The new binding has been ignored

Is caused by a service trailer or other vehicle which offers mobile workshop functions. The mod doesn't actually correctly bind a key for those functions and you will manually need to go into menu and set keybindings for the service function and service markers options. Then that should clear that error as well.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
JayC

Post by JayC »

Thanks for the post! I gave that a shot, and removed all the autoloading mods I had. Didn't have many, but they're gone now. I don't like autoloaders anyway, but I get them because I like the trailer itself. I'm cautiously optimistic, but so far I haven't been getting those errors from the mods that threw them before. Without your help I wouldn't have suspected the autoloading trailers as being the culprit. Thanks again! *thumbsup*
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

If you just like the trailers and don't want the autoloading function, then try downloading the latest Iconik's Haulers Pack: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FRWq7n ... AAOtd5FMFE

I know he has the Big Tex Trailer in there and some others, which currently don't have the autoload function, as he'll be doing an update to the pack soon to re-add that and use the new Global Script.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

JayC

Post by JayC »

Thanks for the link! I'll check it out.
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

cwattyeso wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:18 pm I can tell you now it's from old Autoloading Mods.

Looking at your log I'd say culprits are the fs19_autoloa mod and the EXP19_BigTex_Trailer mods.

They use an old version of the EasyAutoload Script fron Alfalfa and that's bad because each mod loads its own script and therefore tries to bind keys for the autloading functions in game, and therefore you get the conflict as they try to use the same keys as each other and you get that spam warning text in your log eventually bloating your log file to massive size.

To fix, remove all the autoload mods you use from your mod folder. Start the game, load a save, go to the keybindings in the menu and reset your keybindings. Save the game, close and exit.

Then head to nexus mods and download Alfalfa's Global Auto Load Script the latest version: https://www.nexusmods.com/farmingsimulator19/mods/117

Then download and install only autoloading vehicles or trailers that have been updated to use this new script and your warnings/errors will be a thing of the past. A good general rule of thumb after downloading an autoload mod, before dropping it into your mods folder and loading it in game, look inside the zip and see if there is a folder or file inside the zip file named 'easyAutoLoader.lua' or something similar. If it does this indicates it's an old mod that needs updating and you should not use it until it's updated. No autoloading vehicle or trailer should include the script going forward at this point, but should reference and load Alfalfa's linked above which is installed separately.

EDIT:
The other error in the log file:
SV_ACTIVATE_SERVICE to an occupied slot. The new binding has been ignored

Is caused by a service trailer or other vehicle which offers mobile workshop functions. The mod doesn't actually correctly bind a key for those functions and you will manually need to go into menu and set keybindings for the service function and service markers options. Then that should clear that error as well.

Got the same issue in my log can you tell me please when the Alfalfa's Global Auto Load Script has been downloaded and unpacked where do you save it for it to work? sorry if this sounds dumb but this sort of stuff is not my strong point.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Alfalfa's Mod when download just goes into your mod folder and is activated when you load the game the same as any other mod.

However you must make sure to remove any autoloading mods from your mod folder, that use and old version of his script and bundle that with them. If you try using old mods with Alfalfa's new script you'll still have the same problem and even worse, as the old script will cause more conflicts with the new one.

As I said above an easy way to check a mod to see if it's up-to-date or not is check the zip file and see if somewhere in it it has an easyAutoLoader.lua file. If it does, delete that mod as it's old and out-of-date. New autoloaders that are up to date won't include any script files as they'll refer to Alfalfa's instead for the functionality, key inputs etc.

Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Many thanks have just done all that you've said and my log is now clean for the first time in ages.
SKYLIGHT123456

Post by SKYLIGHT123456 »

i am getting the same errors as seen in the top post, though i have went through and deleted all autoload mods. Also i used to have around 10gb mods and all of a sudden this started happening. Here is my log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9e49us46khcemi0/log.txt?dl=0
ctb123

Post by ctb123 »

Perhaps something conflicting with IC Controls? Or one vehicle's IC controls conflicting with another's?