Xbox one controller on MacBook for fs19

Joepipefitter

Xbox one controller on MacBook for fs19

Post by Joepipefitter »

Now that I have survived the update to Catalina and what it did to fs19, I have a controller problem. The wired controller I was using is no longer supported so I am using a Xbox one wireless which connects fine to the Mac and allows for all the functions except the triggers do not seem to be recognised. Have tried to map them a few times and end up just assigning the bumpers for throttle and brake. This is an untenable situation. If anyone knows how to fix this I would love to hear it. Thanks
Dezza69

Re: Xbox one controller on MacBook for fs19

Post by Dezza69 »

Firstly, I'm not using Catalina (yet), but have always used "Xbox 360 Controller Driver" for various (genuine) Xbox controllers on the MacBook.

https://github.com/360Controller/360Controller/

If not familiar, suggest you read all the information before installing.
Joepipefitter

Post by Joepipefitter »

yeah, Catalina wiped out the 360 controller and that app, I was using it before. thanks though
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Are the triggers recognised properly in macOS and other games? You can test the functionality of the controller for example with Joystick Show.

If they work there but not in FS, then it would be a bug in the game itself which GIANTS would have to analyse and fix. Otherwise you would have to try to reach out to Apple to get this fixed.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Joepipefitter

Post by Joepipefitter »

Thanks Don, I will try that after work today. I needed a second thing to reference the controller to.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Joepipefitter wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:05 am yeah, Catalina wiped out the 360 controller and that app, I was using it before. thanks though
Apparently "360 Controller" is Catalina compatible, although I've not personally tried it! - are you able to reinstall it?

Also, are you using the controller as a wireless, or plugged in? (I use mine plugged in as it never seemed to work properly wireless)
Joepipefitter

Post by Joepipefitter »

Nice, I see it has been updated. Will try it tonight. Thanks
Kingpin1014

Post by Kingpin1014 »

Hi, any help would be appreciated!!. i just recently purchased a Macbook Pro and bought FS19 on the Steam store. I want to use my xbox 1 controller to play the game, but cannot figure out how to get the controller to work in game. The controller will work in big picture mode on steam. It will also work to skip through the start up screens in FS19. I went into the options and turned on gamepad, and i see my controller, but it wont work. I noticed in the keyboard/gamepad settings, there are no controls mapped out for the controller. Do i literally have to map out every control, or is there another way to get the controls to show up just like if i were playing on my xbox?

Thanks in advance!