Some help with binding controls on PC

BontieFernandes

Some help with binding controls on PC

Post by BontieFernandes »

I'm using Logitech G29 wheel and bought Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick for controling buckets on skidsteeres, wheel loaders, big forestry machines etc...

Does anybody know the way to find out what control I need to change for a cetain action, or do I need to change everything and hope for the best?

Because there are so many controls with same name just the number is different, and I don't have a clue what the control does.

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
Last edited by BontieFernandes on Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
W1der

Re: Some help with binding controls on PC

Post by W1der »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Turning Input Help Mode to keyboard can be somewhat helpful.

This way you can identify (showing in the help window) which keys ae used, using the keyboard, to control the action you want to map on your joystick.
Look for these keys in the keyboard section and when you find it map the function to the correlating line in the joystick section.

If there are a lot of similar keyboard keys you could always bind other "characters" to some of the actions to be able to keep them apart.

I hope this helps!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5