G29 Stiff/Centering Wheel

Svdbrg

G29 Stiff/Centering Wheel

Post by Svdbrg »

So I just got a new computer, on the previous computer I had the Logitech Gaming Software or whatever it was called, now I switched over to Logitech G Hub, before, you could launch something like ets2 and when you exited the game your wheel was loose, now it will automatically return to its stiff setting as soon as you exit the game. I don't see FS19 have a force feedback option so I am guessing you cannot do anything to make the wheel loose again? Please help I've tried ticked and unticked center spring strength or whatever it is called and nothing.
norfolk farmer

Re: G29 Stiff/Centering Wheel

Post by norfolk farmer »

I could not get any joy either with the new hub setup when i swapped pc to a newer one, after some searching around i found a link for the old software and reinstalled that.
Svdbrg

Post by Svdbrg »

norfolk farmer wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:17 pm I could not get any joy either with the new hub setup when i swapped pc to a newer one, after some searching around i found a link for the old software and reinstalled that.
Yes I did find it too, but the problem is, it is that the G Hub is still on the wheel even if I have uninstalled it.
Svdbrg

Post by Svdbrg »

I got G Hub uninstalled completely from my wheel but now that I reinstalled Gaming software the wheel doesnt work for any games anymore. Any solutions?
Svdbrg

Post by Svdbrg »

SOLVED: I cleared my PC or absolute zero and reinstalled the gaming software and works fine now. Cheers for the suggestions!
Peppermonkey

Post by Peppermonkey »

You said you cleared your PC.

How did you go about doing this?
I am having the worst time trying to get the G29 to work without the stiffest centering ever.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Are you guys playing the game in windowed mode or not?

I know there are more to it than this and I have managed to solve the similar issue with my G920 wheel.

But know and then I end up with a a stiff wheel due to booting sequence.
I am playing the game in "windowed mode" and the fix is simple for me.
I just press the windows key to exit to the desktop and when I go back in to the game the wheel is "free" again.

Just putting this out there as playing in windowed mode might not be the first thing one thinks of as a "fix" for this issue.

Besides this there are old threads about this issue ... not sure if they are still around or deleted but if you use the search function on the forum you might find more answers or your problem.

Best of luck!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Peppermonkey

Post by Peppermonkey »

I play everything windowed if I can get away with it.

I tried the switch to another task and switch back trick. It never has worked.

I have also used the search function on every forum I've seen.
None of their suggested solutions have worked, but maybe I missed something.
FrustratedDad

Post by FrustratedDad »

Hello,

Very similar situation here.

Logitech G29
Windows 10
FS 19 latest patch 1.5.1

Chronic problem getting the Centering Spring effect to be released, standard "work around" was to start FS19, enable the Logitech software and go to the wheel settings etc. Worked and released the spring when the game was re-entered.

Current problem:
re-Installed FS19 on a new Alienware Aurora R9 PC, Windows 10
1) Old workaround doesn't work........ Centering Spring effect won't release
2) Tried every combination of this workaround, even windows mode, alt tab, tab to desk top, in and out of the Logitech software, can't get the spring to release. (tried every combination of letting game decide or not, different values of effect, std profile, created FS19 Profile)
3) Same Logitech software as old PC (have also tried latest version to no avail too)
4) Removed FS19, re-installed, patched to 1.1.3 initially (the first g29 spring fix) tried the same old workaround, doesn't work.
5) Patched to 1.5.1 again, still doesn't work....
6) Removed G29, re-attached to old PC - Workaround still works!! (not a hardware problem then)
7) Tried Logitech steering wheel SDK demo programme (apparently able to release centering spring), didnt' work
8) Tried another utility someone had written (Steering wheel helper), similar target to release centering spring, didn't work.
9) ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
10) ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
11) Help please!

Rgds

Andy
FrustratedDad

Post by FrustratedDad »

Just to add, tried removing power to the G29 too, was supposed to be a simple fix, but wheel no longer works in FS19.
FrustratedDad

Post by FrustratedDad »

Eureka!

I went back over to the Logitech Tech support and have found a solution.

" WheelDriverCleaner"

The related thread is as follows:

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/commu ... ng-problem

One of the "Official" solutions was to download this file:

http://chilp.it/c09316a

I unplugged the wheel and (ex Saitek, new Logitech) side panel, ran the programme, plugged the wheel in only and voila! As soon as I started FS19 the centering released on its own, with no messing about with the Logitech software workaround tab in out etc. I didn't have to re-install any Logitech software either. (I didnt' do the earlier steps in the Official answer, just straight to WheelDriveCleaner)

I (my son) will give it a full field test and see if this is a full and reliable solution, but looks good so far!
Peppermonkey

Post by Peppermonkey »

I just tried Wheel Driver Cleaner and it did not work for me.

If you go into the Device Manager->Human Interface Devices->G29->Properties->Driver
Driver Details.
What are the driver versions you're running?
FrustratedDad

Post by FrustratedDad »

Hi,

Sorry it didn't work for you yet. Working reliably and have given it a good work out now. Start FS19 and when it hits the menu it releases the centering spring, still no Logitech software activation required.

Driver is: 8.85.75.0 (13/06/2016)
Peppermonkey

Post by Peppermonkey »

Good to know! I was loading into a tutorial to test.
I'll see if installing the newer software will work.

That's the same driver version as me, so at least I have that done correctly.
SteadyTeddy94

Post by SteadyTeddy94 »

I'm experiencing the same sort of issues but a little different, my issue seems to be the wheel is stiff while sat on the windows desktop but as soon as I launch FS19 I loose all feedback to the wheel all together, i have my centering spring around 22 to 24 to give abit of a spring back but no I loose all feedback, the wheel sdk occasionally works but proceedes to make the wheel extremely stiff and near unplayable. I've tried multiple things including the wheel cleaner, different versions or G HUB and G software all resulting in the same issue.

I need to add if the wheel magically decided to work once every 20 tries if I have to tab out of the game I then also loose all feedback and go back to free wheeling