G29 Stiff/Centering Wheel

FrustratedDad

Re: G29 Stiff/Centering Wheel

Post by FrustratedDad »

oh boy, its back...... ARGHHHH

Spring force remaining on and unable to remove it with the previous trick above.

Only change has been a few windows updates.

Anyone else still having this issue and any other fixes emerged?

Thanks
Hawkeye999

Post by Hawkeye999 »

Same problem here

Got my G29 today after my old Saitek wheel died

tried using the Logitech gaming software and Ghub and noting is changing it.
FrustratedDad

Post by FrustratedDad »

Update

Its working again, spring turns off when FS is started!

Changes:

1) Bought the lad a new Logitech G502 lightspeed mouse (small, but costly palliative to deflect the pain of his chronic permanely stiff wheel..)

2) Installed G Hub to support mouse, which wouldn't initially install as it said was already installed, but wasn't. What had happened was that a bad G Hub install back when I was trying anything and everything back in Dec to fix spring issue, hadn't uninstalled fully. Removed it completely this time and did fresh sucessful install.

3) Removed g29 and pedals from back panel USB and inserted into front panel USB (both were USB not USB2) and it worked. (I had done this before new mouse but didn't change the centering spring)

One weird thing prior to todays apparent success, the wheel has died a couple of times recently when plugged into back USB (lights went out), it may have been the first event that triggered the recurrence of the spring issue but not sure. When it happened the first time, unplugging and re-plugging into same ports restored it, but it died shortly afterwards and other times too. Tried it in front ports at that time and stayed alive, other than the centering spring remained on since first death and the usual old 'workarounds' failed to fix.

We'll see how we go and if there is a deeper hardware problem with the wheel or if it has affected USB ports.

Not sure if any of this helps, maybe some logical occurences will resonate with others experiencing similar.

Watch this space
FrustratedDad

Post by FrustratedDad »

update:

Tidied up the cables today, removed from front panel USB and put into back panel USB, stopped working again......

Removed the G29 from the back panel USB and into a USB2 this time on back panel, works again.

Saitek side panel (logitech version) remains in back panel USB port, not so fussy as G29
TurboJ

Post by TurboJ »

I've had the stiff steering problem with my G27 since the very beginning of FS19.

Only fix I have found is to switch off power completely off of the G27. First Let Windows boot and the wheel calibrate, then run Logitech Profiler and then switch off the power. But then I have no centering spring at all. I still use the Profiler to set up steering degrees, which I set to a
round 360.

I do wonder if someone has finally found a solution to this problem. (Like with most users, my wheel works 100% correct with all other games).
TurboJ

Post by TurboJ »

Seems I found something.

Seem that the 'game specific settings' on Logitech Profiler do not completely override the 'global settings' for FS19. This means that I can change the steering wheel turning angle on the game specific settings, for example, and it works. But for the centering spring effect I had to disable 'allow games to adjust settings' on the global settings too. When I did disabled that option on the global settings (and it was disabled already on game specific settings), I was actually able to adjust the centering spring effect - and it worked.

FWIW, only managed to succeed in this for one day's of gaming, so IDK if this is a final solution. For now, I have set in a spring effect of 23% using BOTH the game-specific and global settings, since I don't know how much these overlap.

If Giants are looking at this thread, it would be of interest to your devs that FS19 seems to require both global and game specific settings for some reason. I have not seen the same happen on any other game. Perhaps something that could lead to fixing the issue?
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

Some times the wheel software does not recognize the game being started. Resulting in stiff wheel. This has been an issue since the old profiler software. Seems it is still there.
I'm still using the G27, because it's still good as new. Sometimes when I start the game true profiler it doesn't release the center spring, like you guys with the newer software also seem to have. It simply didn't start the profile I made for FS19.
Alt/TAB out of the game when that happens and select your wheel properties, move the wheel and go back to the game. Wheel is now free.
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.