FS19 Epic store dedicated server not working

tanbom
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:06 am

FS19 Epic store dedicated server not working

Post by tanbom » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:26 am

Hello everyone!

I am needing your help!
Today i bought 2 FS19 on 2 accounts on epic games store (one for playing and one for dedicated server).
So i fully installed the game on my computer and on the dedicated server. (private becasue i do use the server for other games)
The i did put the program dedicatedServer.exe, FarmingSimulator2019.exe and FarmingSimulator2019Game.exe accepted trough the firawall of windows.
Till then no errors.
Then as said in pdf, i did change admin password and did launch dedicatedServer.exe (as admin) to have access to the start panel.
I have an error saying i do need separate lisence ?
Image
or link: https://i.imgur.com/wXC2RsY.png

Even when not paying attention to that i try to start server by pressing the start button, but it does nothing. and after 1 min it says that FS19 has already started
Image
or link: https://i.imgur.com/XOrYmTw.png

Here are log files:
game.log
GIANTS Engine Runtime 8.0.0 (21150) 64bit EpicStore (Build Date: Jan 28 2020)
Copyright (c) 2008-2019, GIANTS Software GmbH (giants-software.com), All Rights Reserved.
Copyright (c) 2003-2019, Christian Ammann and Stefan Geiger, All Rights Reserved.
Application: FarmingSimulator2019
Main System
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 V2 @ 3.40GHz
Memory: 32667 MB
OS: Windows NT 6.3 64-bit
Physics System
Version: 5.9.5
Thread(s): 2
Input System
Keyboard enabled
Mouse enabled
Gamepad/Joystick enabled
Force Feedback disabled
Warning: Failed to initialize sound system. Defaulting to NULL device.
Sound System
Driver: NULL
Error: Get Display Mode List failed!
server.log
[01/Feb/2020:01:30:05] Startup
[01/Feb/2020:01:30:05] Could not load intermediate certificate 'C:/Program Files/Epic Games/FarmingSimulator19/a.pem', certificate skipped. SSL may not work correctly for all browsers
[01/Feb/2020:01:30:05] Could not load intermediate certificate 'C:/Program Files/Epic Games/FarmingSimulator19/b.pem', certificate skipped. SSL may not work correctly for all browsers
[01/Feb/2020:01:30:05] Game profile path: C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019
[01/Feb/2020:01:30:07] Initializing mod download manager... (2000.36) ms
[01/Feb/2020:01:30:07] Build initial mod meta cache... (68.33) ms
[01/Feb/2020:01:30:07] URL(s): http://94.23.57.43:8080
[01/Feb/2020:01:30:07] https://94.23.57.43:8443
[01/Feb/2020:01:30:07] Please refer to config file for initial admin password.
[01/Feb/2020:01:30:13] Login initial admin
[01/Feb/2020:01:30:17] Error: Unable to start game server process
[01/Feb/2020:01:30:17] Unable to start game server

Any help would be appreciated so i can begin playing with my friends.

My server specs:
Image
or link: https://i.imgur.com/k2w3zfk.png

Just found similar thread: viewtopic.php?f=963&t=158215

Alagos
Moderator
Posts: 1901
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: FS19 Epic store dedicated server not working

Post by Alagos » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:04 pm

There's currently an issue with the dedicated server software and game key's provided by Epic. Nothing you can do about it yourself, afaik.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<

Steelcrusher
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:02 pm

Re: FS19 Epic store dedicated server not working

Post by Steelcrusher » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:05 pm

Can you keep us posted if you ever find a way to fix this?

Thank you.

Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:51 am

Re: FS19 Epic store dedicated server not working

Post by Stegei » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:18 pm

The Dedicated Server Software is only fully supported with the version bought on DVD or the ESD version from farming-simulator.com
Any other distribution platform has it's own limitation which does not allow us to fully support it, we however always try to make it run as well as possible on any distribution platform.

In case of the Epic Games Store version, there are a few limitations that require some workarounds to make it work.
1. You can ignore the "Game is not activated" notification. This is because the Epic Games Store does not allow us to detect if you have a license through their sore. However it is just a hint and does not prevent anything else.

2. The Epic Games Store does not allow us to run the game with custom parameters. In order to make this work, you need to manually adjust those settings in the Epic Launcher under Settings -> Farming Simulator 2019. Check the box for "Additional command line parameters" and enter "-server".

3. Click the Start button in the Dedicated Server UI. From time to time, this will still not work and after a couple seconds (sometimes even like 20s) the Epic Launcher will show a message "Game already running". In that case, close that message and manually launch the game through the Epic Launcher.

kremer_d
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: FS19 Epic store dedicated server not working

Post by kremer_d » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:50 am

Stegei wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:18 pm
The Dedicated Server Software is only fully supported with the version bought on DVD or the ESD version from farming-simulator.com
Any other distribution platform has it's own limitation which does not allow us to fully support it, we however always try to make it run as well as possible on any distribution platform.

In case of the Epic Games Store version, there are a few limitations that require some workarounds to make it work.
1. You can ignore the "Game is not activated" notification. This is because the Epic Games Store does not allow us to detect if you have a license through their sore. However it is just a hint and does not prevent anything else.

2. The Epic Games Store does not allow us to run the game with custom parameters. In order to make this work, you need to manually adjust those settings in the Epic Launcher under Settings -> Farming Simulator 2019. Check the box for "Additional command line parameters" and enter "-server".

3. Click the Start button in the Dedicated Server UI. From time to time, this will still not work and after a couple seconds (sometimes even like 20s) the Epic Launcher will show a message "Game already running". In that case, close that message and manually launch the game through the Epic Launcher.

While yes these work, the web dedicated server ui doesnt let us stop/start/restart the server due to a log error about us not owning the paid DLCs when they are not activated. This is the only thing that needs to be fixed and the dedicated server on epic would be pretty much flawless.

kremer_d
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: FS19 Epic store dedicated server not working

Post by kremer_d » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:01 am

kremer_d wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:50 am
Stegei wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:18 pm
The Dedicated Server Software is only fully supported with the version bought on DVD or the ESD version from farming-simulator.com
Any other distribution platform has it's own limitation which does not allow us to fully support it, we however always try to make it run as well as possible on any distribution platform.

In case of the Epic Games Store version, there are a few limitations that require some workarounds to make it work.
1. You can ignore the "Game is not activated" notification. This is because the Epic Games Store does not allow us to detect if you have a license through their sore. However it is just a hint and does not prevent anything else.

2. The Epic Games Store does not allow us to run the game with custom parameters. In order to make this work, you need to manually adjust those settings in the Epic Launcher under Settings -> Farming Simulator 2019. Check the box for "Additional command line parameters" and enter "-server".

3. Click the Start button in the Dedicated Server UI. From time to time, this will still not work and after a couple seconds (sometimes even like 20s) the Epic Launcher will show a message "Game already running". In that case, close that message and manually launch the game through the Epic Launcher.

While yes these work, the web dedicated server ui doesnt let us stop/start/restart the server due to a log error about us not owning the paid DLCs when they are not activated. This is the only thing that needs to be fixed and the dedicated server on epic would be pretty much flawless.
Here are the actual log errors

Error; no lisence for dlc pdlc_andersonpack. Please reinstall
Error; no lisence for dlc pdlc_claaspack. Please reinstall
Error; no lisence for dlc pdlc_johndeerecottonpack. Please reinstall

Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:51 am

Re: FS19 Epic store dedicated server not working

Post by Stegei » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:34 am

This is because you don't own the DLCs. You either need to buy them through farming-simulator.com or through the Epic Games Store.

kremer_d
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: FS19 Epic store dedicated server not working

Post by kremer_d » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:09 am

Stegei wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:34 am
This is because you don't own the DLCs. You either need to buy them through farming-simulator.com or through the Epic Games Store.
No. This error happens with the base game with no DLC purchases and with them disabled in the web ui.

That shouldn't even be in the log with the base game with no dlcs downloaded or purchased.

This is literally the whole problem with the epic dedicated server web ui. It's that we get this error with the base game with no addons.

So this log error doesnt let us configure setting and mods and restart the server on the web ui
Last edited by kremer_d on Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

hjvg
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:32 am

Re: FS19 Epic store dedicated server not working

Post by hjvg » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:12 am

Stegei wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:34 am
This is because you don't own the DLCs. You either need to buy them through farming-simulator.com or through the Epic Games Store.
how i read it he says he did not activade those 3 dlc`s so if they are not activaded and the zip`s are also not in the file list it should be working.
if the zip`s are in the mod list but not activate i am not sure if it would work because normaly you can only download the files when you have buyed them

Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:51 am

Re: FS19 Epic store dedicated server not working

Post by Stegei » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:34 am

Yes, this error message is also printed if you don't activate the DLCs due to another limitation of the Epic Games Store. Since the Epic Games Store does not support downloading DLC content when you buy the DLC, the DLCs are always installed even if you don't own a license. The game will however warn you, that you don't have a license when the DLC content is present for easier troubleshooting.

It will however not prevent you from launching the dedicated server as long as you don't have the DLCs activated in the dedicated server ui.

kremer_d
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: FS19 Epic store dedicated server not working

Post by kremer_d » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:43 am

Stegei wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:34 am
Yes, this error message is also printed if you don't activate the DLCs due to another limitation of the Epic Games Store. Since the Epic Games Store does not support downloading DLC content when you buy the DLC, the DLCs are always installed even if you don't own a license. The game will however warn you, that you don't have a license when the DLC content is present for easier troubleshooting.

It will however not prevent you from launching the dedicated server as long as you don't have the DLCs activated in the dedicated server ui.
While yes, you can initially start the sever using the "-server" fix, the web ui still shows these log errors even with them deactivated, and wont let you change settings or activate/deactivate mods and restart the server through the web ui
Last edited by kremer_d on Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:51 am

Re: FS19 Epic store dedicated server not working

Post by Stegei » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:45 am

We'll change those error messages to infos in a future update in order to not block the dedi ui.

kremer_d
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: FS19 Epic store dedicated server not working

Post by kremer_d » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:48 am

Stegei wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:45 am
We'll change those error messages to infos in a future update in order to not block the dedi ui.
Perfect; that's exactly the answer the community has been looking for because this is the problem weve all been having with the web UI.

Thank you very much

tanbom
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:06 am

Re: FS19 Epic store dedicated server not working

Post by tanbom » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:46 pm

Stegei wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:18 pm
The Dedicated Server Software is only fully supported with the version bought on DVD or the ESD version from farming-simulator.com
Any other distribution platform has it's own limitation which does not allow us to fully support it, we however always try to make it run as well as possible on any distribution platform.

In case of the Epic Games Store version, there are a few limitations that require some workarounds to make it work.
1. You can ignore the "Game is not activated" notification. This is because the Epic Games Store does not allow us to detect if you have a license through their sore. However it is just a hint and does not prevent anything else.

2. The Epic Games Store does not allow us to run the game with custom parameters. In order to make this work, you need to manually adjust those settings in the Epic Launcher under Settings -> Farming Simulator 2019. Check the box for "Additional command line parameters" and enter "-server".

3. Click the Start button in the Dedicated Server UI. From time to time, this will still not work and after a couple seconds (sometimes even like 20s) the Epic Launcher will show a message "Game already running". In that case, close that message and manually launch the game through the Epic Launcher.
thanks for your reply, Indeed it is not working with UI but working with option2, the server launched correctly and i can find my server in the game. I did try to join and i can play the game with others

Herisio
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:58 am

Re: FS19 Epic store dedicated server not working

Post by Herisio » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:44 am

See the following reddit post for a detailed guide on how to setup a dedicated server using the epic games store version:

viewtopic.php?f=964&t=162350&p=1265565#p1265565

Post Reply