Can I copy a forestry map that has been worked on to a new savegame?

JanCASH

Can I copy a forestry map that has been worked on to a new savegame?

Post by JanCASH »

I played on Grizzly Mountain and cut alot of trees already. Now I lost my whole mods folder. If I try to launch the savegame it says download required mods or something like that.

Can I take my map on which I've cut trees and copy it to a new savegame? So that I start a new savegame, but not with the standard ma, but with the map where I cut trees already?
JTerk438

Re: Can I copy a forestry map that has been worked on to a new savegame?

Post by JTerk438 »

Short answer for you. If you're on console, you cannot. On PC, it is possible. How to do it, I'm not sure. Haven't tried to copy a save file from one slot to another. But it is possible. I know this doesn't help you much.

As for the error about the mods, if they are mods you don't use anymore, then run the map anyway. If they are mods you use, I'd recommend downloading those mods.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

If you start the savegame without mods and save it all your vehicles are gone, if they are those missing mods.

On Console there is Nothing you can do but downloading them again.

But as you say mods Folder Maybe you are on pc. Then you should easily copy your savegame Folder (savegame1) and rename it to savegame2. If you enter that savegame you will have the same Setup as on the original one. You could edit the XML-file and edit your bankaccount and delete all other vehicles that are left over to really start a new game. The Trees and landscaping should be as before.
PS4 und PC
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

If you do not want to save anything but the tree progress you can copy the shapes file from the old save to the new save folder and that will keep all the trees in the same place as your old game including all the cut ones on the ground.

However if you did in-game terrain modification and left trees on it they may get stuck in the ground on the new save where the terrain is the original setting.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
JanCASH

Post by JanCASH »

I had the wrong version of the map in my mod folder. After downloading the right version, I could launch the savegame, I only have to download missing mods.

Thx for the replies
Lucass

Post by Lucass »

Similiar question... I plan to move save after updating the map and the question is: in which file information about the fields and their state (growth, fertilization, etc.) is stored?