Macbook Pro with dual displays - Not able to use extra display

Jltucker

Macbook Pro with dual displays - Not able to use extra display

Post by Jltucker »

Hey I have a 2020 Macbook Pro that I run with dual displays. I play games on it every now and then and all other games allow me to use both screens on that runs the game and one that runs my desktop home screen. I am able to do this with any game except farming simulator.

If I enter full screen mode I am only able to control farming simulator and my other display turns black. Now if I am in windows mode it will be fine but I have no way to adjust the window size. it stays really small about half the size of my screen its on. Is like this with the dual displays or with the single built in display. I have no way to move pr enlarge the window to fill my screen and my gestures do not work when the game is running. I can normally use 5 fingers to swipe to a new display but nothing works with farming simulator. Is there some option I am missing here?

Also Macbook now supports xbox controllers and I can use it on other games I run except for farming simulator. The controller is connected and works to skip the loading screens but not to control the game. Need some help please! Thanks!
Dezza69

Re: Macbook Pro with dual displays - Not able to use extra display

Post by Dezza69 »

Here's a suggestion, but I am unable to try this.

1. Run the game, configure to run in a window and save the settings.
2. If - via the game menus - you're able to change the windows' resolution to the max size of both your screens combined, do so.

If not able to change, or you want to do it manually:
2. Quit game.
3. Using (a) text editor, edit the resolutions in the file "game.xml", located at "/Users/<<user_name>>/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator2019" to suit your screens combined resolution.

---
FROM MY FILE:
<graphic>
<display>
<width>1280</width> <----------- change this
<height>800</height> <----------- change this
<gamma>1</gamma>
<fullscreen>false</fullscreen> <----------- can change this from true to false if wanting to do it manually.
<vsync adaptive="true">false</vsync>
<userConfirmed>true</userConfirmed>

---

4. Save file.
5. Try game.

This is the NON-STEAM file location.

May or may not help.

Regards