G920 force feedback not working?

GaymerRobbie

G920 force feedback not working?

Post by GaymerRobbie »

Hello I got the G920 wheel yesterday, but the wheel doesn't center it is just loose, even though I have selected to keep centered in force feedback games within Logitech G Hub... Please tell me the game supports it and I didn't just waste £200 :frown:

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
HGReaper

Re: G920 force feedback not working?

Post by HGReaper »

I have the driving force gt and the steering works very well and precisely. I don't play with the self center option, but I'm very sure it would work if I would activate it in Logitech software.
The game itself has no force feedback.
Dabei seit LS 11, danke Gronkh :lol:

Trecker geht nicht bitte Hilfe!
Leute, hier kann keiner Hellsehen, bei Problemen immer:
- welche Map?
- welcher Mod?
- wann/ wie/ wobei?
- wie lange beobachtet?
- Log!
GaymerRobbie

Post by GaymerRobbie »

Thanks for reply.

I found a semi fix... If I launch the game then unplug and plug the wheel it works, but if I tab out to start trackir I have to do the whole process again :(
pedrodefig

Post by pedrodefig »

Hi,
I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago when starting to play FS19 (on PC). This video will point you in the right direction. I have made a profile for FS19 and it works fine. Note however that you need to start up the Logitech app, go to the wheel settings and click OK . Then I let the app open and start up Steam and FS. Sometimes it will not work so if you have the app open in the background it is easy to go through the procedure again. Most of the time it just works fine from the beginning. Good luck

https://youtu.be/hfHxAplaVLk
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

You have added the farm sim executable to the logitech software profile? It "should" auto detect it when launching the game then.

Note: The executable will be in a different place if using Steam rather than installed from other media etc.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
Black7alon

Post by Black7alon »

Hello I am having the same issue and it has been a nightmare. I have a G29, and now it seems that Logitech is using GHUB. I can't get G Hub to do anything regarding the Force Feedback. My wheel is constantly stiff to turn and doesn't seem to be changing regardless of what I try. I tried installing the older Gaming Profile that everyone seems to be using, but it still is stiff to turn and not working smoothly. I have FS19 on PS4 as well and I verified that it works just fine on the console.
GaymerRobbie

Post by GaymerRobbie »

Black7alon wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:31 pm Hello I am having the same issue and it has been a nightmare. I have a G29, and now it seems that Logitech is using GHUB. I can't get G Hub to do anything regarding the Force Feedback. My wheel is constantly stiff to turn and doesn't seem to be changing regardless of what I try. I tried installing the older Gaming Profile that everyone seems to be using, but it still is stiff to turn and not working smoothly. I have FS19 on PS4 as well and I verified that it works just fine on the console.
As far as I am aware, FS19 doesn't support Force Feedback, However strange enough it seems FS17 did! (I wasn't around to play FS17 I am new, only owned the game a few weeks, but there are tutorials on YT on how to setup force feedback in FS17 which makes me think it had it :hmm: ) so in FS19 the wheels should be "stiff" my problem I had is the opposite, It was free wheeling and loose! But I kinda fixed it now with a BUG! *thumbsdown* If I tab out to align my TrackIR the wheel becomes loose again and I have to jump out my vehicle and unplug, replug my wheel from the USB port kinda a fix but a hassle, maybe Giants can fix :hmm:
GaymerRobbie

Post by GaymerRobbie »

pedrodefig wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:46 am Hi,
I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago when starting to play FS19 (on PC). This video will point you in the right direction. I have made a profile for FS19 and it works fine. Note however that you need to start up the Logitech app, go to the wheel settings and click OK . Then I let the app open and start up Steam and FS. Sometimes it will not work so if you have the app open in the background it is easy to go through the procedure again. Most of the time it just works fine from the beginning. Good luck

https://youtu.be/hfHxAplaVLk
Thanks Pedro, Yes I watched that before posting this, but my Logitech Gaming Software didn't have "centre steering on force feedback games" option, maybe they moved it :hmm: I am using GHub now and got it working but with the bug mentioned above! But cheers for trying *thumbsup*
Black7alon

Post by Black7alon »

I have spent the better part of two days looking at any kind of fix I can find and trying it and nothing seems to work. I tried using G Hub, LGS, I made profiles, went in to the settings and checked or unchecked the box for ffb. I just don't understand how some people can play FS19 just fine with their G29 and yet I can't play FS17 or or 19 without having the wheel feel like I'm driving without power steering. I have tried unplugging the power cable and then plugging it back in while LGS is open, as well as when FS19 is open. I've tried opening LGS first, and then logging in to steam followed by FS19. If anyone else had a similar issue and found some other way to fix it I would be very appreciative. I did see that we seem to have the opposite issue which is also strange. Would it make sense if the wheel was working correctly for it to be stiff up until you load a game? I don't have any other games on my pc that use a steering wheel in order to test if it is different with them as well.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Do you have the latest version of LGS? At first I could not adjust the force feedback until I got the newer version.
GaymerRobbie

Post by GaymerRobbie »

Have you fiddled with this Black7?
sideshowbo12

Post by sideshowbo12 »

GaymerRobbie wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:46 pm Image
Have you fiddled with this Black7?
I hate commenting after so long but idk what else to do. I also have the issue of the ftb centering being overly stiff and as far as I can tell checking the box and moving the slider in the image do nothing.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

idk if its still an issue but when I got my t150 I had feedback problems with and only with 19.. in the end I had to disable ffb and still dont have it enable for my fs profile to date as every search online indicated that the ffb with fs19 is busted.. it was tight when it was on I thought I was gonna break my wheel
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

As far as I'm aware full Force Feedback (lumps and bumps) is not implemented in FS 19 but with a T150 you can set the Auto Center settings to give you a semblance.