Epic Store Version of FS 19

wizetek

Epic Store Version of FS 19

Post by wizetek »

Hi everyone, so I have been playing the game since it was given out for free from the Epic Games and I'm very addicted to the game. Just recently I have been traveling abroad and the hotel I'm in sometimes has the internet go out. This is where I noticed a issue that I really haven't had to deal with in other game stores like Steam and Uplay. So yesterday the internet when out and I wanted to play FS19 for awhile but I kept getting an error from the game that I must be logged in to play Farming Simulator 19. I put the launcher into offline mode and no difference. I had to hotspot my phone just to get the Epic store online to login and launch the game then turn it off. WTF!!! Now I don't know if this is strictly the Epic Games of doing business with some games...and before anyone chimes in, yes I know Epic Games states that not all game would work but for some reason I feel that this game should work whether you online or not. Has anyone else had this issue and if so is there a workaround with Epic Games. If not does the Steam Community have the same issues with the game when not connected to the internet to play a local game. I would really like to know. I would like to know before I decide to just cut my loss FS 19 on Epic Games and just buy either from steam or Giants Software directly.

Thank you all for taking time to read and respond and hope to meet some ppl to possibly play FS 19 with in the future. Have a great day!!
this_is_gav

Re: Epic Store Version of FS 19

Post by this_is_gav »

You don't need to be online to play FS19. It's strictly an Epic Store issue with it not having an offline mode. There's nothing GIANTS can do about it.

Steam has an offline mode (don't use it, but it's worked fine in the past) and neither the GIANTS direct version nor the DVD version requires internet connectivity to play, though I presume you need it to activate the game.
wizetek

Post by wizetek »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:57 pm You don't need to be online to play FS19. It's strictly an Epic Store issue with it not having an offline mode. There's nothing GIANTS can do about it.

Steam has an offline mode (don't use it, but it's worked fine in the past) and neither the GIANTS direct version nor the DVD version requires internet connectivity to play, though I presume you need it to activate the game.
Well thanks for the help. :sadnew: I guess I'll just cut my losses. But I'll see if Epic Games will look into it first, if not goodbye Epic Games FS19 and hello Steam FS19.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I've just done a search (should have done it earlier) and apparently you can open Epic launcher offline. When going to sign in choose "sign in later" and then "skip sign in".

Presumably this is on your version of the launcher, though some games don't work:
Please note, that while most games work offline absolutely fine, some don’t - notably Fortnite and Spellbreak.
wizetek

Post by wizetek »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:35 pm I've just done a search (should have done it earlier) and apparently you can open Epic launcher offline. When going to sign in choose "sign in later" and then "skip sign in".

Presumably this is on your version of the launcher, though some games don't work:
Please note, that while most games work offline absolutely fine, some don’t - notably Fortnite and Spellbreak.
Ya I did that first on google before writing my issue. thanks though

I have already sent an email to support at Epic Games so I'll see what they say in the up coming week
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

The Epic Games Store version unfortunately does not support a proper offline mode yet (only the launcher can be started in offline mode), which is why the Epic Store version of Farming Simulator 19 also does not work in offline mode.
wizetek

Post by wizetek »

Stegei wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:27 pm The Epic Games Store version unfortunately does not support a proper offline mode yet (only the launcher can be started in offline mode), which is why the Epic Store version of Farming Simulator 19 also does not work in offline mode.
yeah after talking to Epic Support apparently they have working on a case to fix this
Email from Epic Support-
"Thank you so much for your response!
After making an investigation about why you are not able to play Farming Simulator 2019 using the offline feature, I can see that at this moment, the game can be played only online. I would like to recommend you to follow our social media in order to get more information about changes in our features.
I can totally understand that you would love to play this game offline and for this reason, we are going to take this case as feedback about it.
Thank you so much for your understanding and for being part of our community!
Regards,
Epic Games Player Support"
so I guess there has been a lot of inquiry for this issue, but oh well I'm going to go buy the game on steam since I only got the game for free from Epic.

Thanks for the feed back everyone.