Video Card Recommendation

joefarmer

Video Card Recommendation

Post by joefarmer »

Hello,
I am currently running FS17 with a GT520 video card. I am looking to upgrade & wanted to get options as I have done some research and have decided on the following 2 models of cards. I am also looking at trying to save some money as I am not very heavy into gaming but want something that will run better than what I have and will run FS19 if I decide to upgrade to it in the future. Any recommendations? I would like to play farming simulator at Max settings!

Looking at the following:
Radeon R9 380 & Radeon RX 470
Dezza69

Re: Video Card Recommendation

Post by Dezza69 »

My simple gaming PC is an i5 without onboard video, has 16Gb RAM, and a base model Nvidia 1660 video card;

Everything is max'd on the Farming Simulator 19 "advanced graphics" setting tab and at 1080p get pretty constant 60FPS.

Sometimes it drops slightly less, but I'm sure that is because of mods (like Seasons) doing things in the background.

I have not run FS17 on this system.

Anyways - that's my experiences, may or may not help you.

edit/s: spelling.
joefarmer

Post by joefarmer »

Thank you for replying to my post.

So far here are the rest of my specs, I am not a hardcore gamer so I don't require much power so to speak but feel like it is a mid-range machine as far as components and does what I want so I'm happy! Just need to bump up my video card specs for the moment and if I can play FS19 on the highest settings I will be happy with that. Currently I am running FS17 but have to play on low which works but could be better.

8GB ram
FX-4100 Quad Core Processor
GeForce GT 520
alovaros

Post by alovaros »

How much do you want to spend?
Do you want a brand new card or maybe a used one?

BTW your CPU is barely enough to handle FS 19.
So even if you have a new Graphicscard you can't expect the game to run on anything but low settings and I guess espacially in later parts of the game (with more going on at once) you will maybe have struggle to keep an fluent framerate.

But that just aside as little hint