FS19 SSD or HDD

Nutmeg

FS19 SSD or HDD

Post by Nutmeg »

Hello,

on which type of drive /SSD,HDD .../ you prefer to run Farming simmulator 19 and what's your experience with that? Is there any perceptible ingame difference against traditional HDD? :confusednew:

Thank you *thumbsup* ...
Xtrememaster

Re: FS19 SSD or HDD

Post by Xtrememaster »

ssd is always faster loading times.
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
matejcro

Post by matejcro »

This is a good question, my game is on HDD, but I have a very good gaming computer (all new games at ultra 60fps) but FS19 does not! At medium 60fps without modes, the game is not optimized, maybe the transition to SSD will load the game faster, so maybe there will be more FPS, or in general the game is not optimized. I5 9400F, 16 gb ram, rx 590 nitro+ 8gb.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Ingame you wont recognize a difference between SSD and HDD.
As already mentioned, the startup times of the PC itself (if operating system is installed on SSD) and of the game will hugely benefit from a SSD.
If you ever used a PC with SSD as system drive, you will never ever want to go back to a HDD.

If you don't need huge amount of data storage, a 500GB SSD is all you need. For mass data storage you can still install a HDD beside the SSD at a later stage.
I can recommend SSDs from CRUCIAL using them for years now without any problems. Don't get fooled by awesomely high data transfer rates other manufacturers might provide. As long as you are not shuffling around huge amount of data, you will see no difference at all in daily usage.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker