Game is not activated. WTF!!

samsunix

Game is not activated. WTF!!

Post by samsunix »

When I am launching my game (dedicated server) on web control page I get error message:

Game is not activated. A separate Farming Simulator 19 license is needed for each Dedicated Server.

I bough this game on steam for my gaming setup and for server I bough standalone version.

My girlfriend wanted to join my game so I tough "hey, you can play on server, here is my laptop."
As soon she launched the game everyone got kicked from the server and now dedicated server is blocked. SERIOUSLY?

It is not enough I had to buy extra copy for server but it seems I need to buy 3rd copy (WITH DLC's) because my girlfriend cant play on server device, same time it is running Dedicated server?

I hate piratism and pirates, BUT TECHNICALLY I HAVE LICENSE FOR TWO MACHINES?!

... Anyway I restarted the laptop, login and this f**** error message remains.
eric21

Re: Game is not activated. WTF!!

Post by eric21 »

How many laptops u have?
RechargeableAA

Post by RechargeableAA »

are you using the same account for both computers? seems like the game noticed 2 logins and registered the account as a pirate. that would be my guess
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

You need a license for every user, not per computer. So one license for you, one for your girlfriend and one for the dedicated server.
samsunix

Post by samsunix »

So I can't run dedicated server as separate instance and game from same machine? Ok then.... ???
edit: Argument "You need a license for every user" is not true. I need license per instance which seems little unfair.
Stegei wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:19 am You need a license for every user, not per computer. So one license for you, one for your girlfriend and one for the dedicated server.
irrelevant question but at this moment I have two (2) laptops + pc + my girlfriends laptop... ???
eric21 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:48 pm How many laptops u have?

By the way, I solved issue by launching game on server and activated it again.