HDMI problems

jjmiller1001

HDMI problems

Post by jjmiller1001 »

I have been running FS19 on pc with no issues. I recently wanted to use HDMI to connect to my TV. Everything on the PC works as it should with the HDMI connected, except fs19. If you launch fs19 it will flash up on the tv for a second but then the game will minimize to the task bar. It’s unable to be opened at that point. If I open the game with no cable connected it works fine. But as soon as I plug the HDMI cable in. The game minimizes on the task at and wont reopen until the HDMI cable is unplugged.
Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
Mellek

Re: HDMI problems

Post by Mellek »

Do you use the tv as a second screen and you see the game on the taskbar of the primary screen ? If so it could try setting the tv as primary screen and check if the tv support the resolution you are trying to run the game in.
Or (in Widows 10) use the Win+P keys and try some of those different options there, only second screen for example.
this_is_gav

Re: HDMI problems

Post by this_is_gav »

It's probably trying to run the game at a resolution the TV doesn't support.

Try renaming your game.xml (located in C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019) to something else (eg game-backup.xml) and the game will generate a new one when you next start the game, which should allow you to set a resolution the TV supports.

Alternatively make a note of which resolution the TV runs at (your display properties will show that) and set the resolution manually in the game.xml file, which will retain all your other graphics settings - make sure you alter the <width> and <height> parameters rather than the <previousWidth> and <previousHeight> ones.