FS17 Courseplay5 won't open HUD

swiftlx

FS17 Courseplay5 won't open HUD

Post by swiftlx »

Morning everyone,

I have been reading as many posts as I can regarding this problem, but I don't fully understand some of the problems/responses because I have never been able to use Courseplay.

I run FS17 on a Late2013 MacBook Pro. I downloaded and installed CP5 a couple of years ago, but didn't know how it worked - I remember it scanning fields at the beginning of a game, but then I never actually used it in the game. I've never seen the HUD that I've seen in screenshots. I ended up deactivating it in the load screen as I never saw the point, probably because I didn't know how to use it...

Yesterday I saw a tutorial video and decided to give it a go again as it looks very useful indeed.

I deleted the installed mod and re-downloaded it as I expected it had probably been updated since the original version I had - I installed, activated it and started my save game. It scanned the fields and the icon in the "F1" overlay shows right click to open HUD. Right click made no difference (on trackpad, apple magic mouse, or microsoft mouse - all work when right clicking on my desktop), I tried all vehicles, all options, with tools, without, everything I could think of. I then left the game and changed the courseplay:Open/Close HUD key to "Left Shift + C" in case that helped - nope.

I started a new game, turned off all mods except courseplay and again tried all vehicles with all key options. I'm at a loss to what is wrong... I have found and read the log.txt but the only warnings I have are:

"Warning: Character '167' not found in texture font ()." - appears 7 times.
and
"Warning: 'ROLLAND' is an unknown brand! Using Lizard instead! (/Users/chrisdavis/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator2017/mods/FS17Contest_Rolland_BH_6/Rolland_BH_6.xml)" appears once.

Any help would be appreciated.

log.txt file attached.

Many thanks in advance!

Chris
Attachments
log copy.txt
(73.95 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Farmer686

Re: FS17 Courseplay5 won't open HUD

Post by Farmer686 »

Have you tried updating?
Hi!
My interest's are; Farming, Computers, Coding and gaming.
I have autism so may sometimes come across as rude, but I don't mean it!
:biggrin2:
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Or right ctrl + delete? That’s the default keyboard key bind.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
swiftlx

Post by swiftlx »

Hi Guys, Thanks for your replies.

I have the game set to auto-update, so it should be fully updated.
I'm on a MacBook Pro, so don't have a right ctrl key nor a delete (only left ctrl and backspace (fn+backspace is delete, but not sure if adding the extra key in would work)).
I'll try using an external USB keyboard and see if that works.

Thanks for your suggestions so far.