Error/Game Break when using workers for field work

Dairydeere

Error/Game Break when using workers for field work

Post by Dairydeere »

Hello, so I'm running into a game breaking issue with my savegame on West Texas 1.0.0.4, where I have hired workers and either the camera freezes up, or I cannot fire the worker or stop the CP driver. It seems to center around an attacher error, which I do not know enough about to figure out a fix. I have a load of mods installed, but they have always worked in conjunction until now. The 3 cases where this happened were 1) Silage chopper on CP, I was following in truck and truck camera froze, was locked in a hard right turn, no brakes. This was resolved by a game restart, ignored it because it seemed like a one-time deal. 2) Using the JD Cotton DLC harvester, set it on a Courseplay course, then teleported back to it to check on progress, camera froze after attempting to "Stop Driver". Same issue when using the 9996 cotton harvester from the Cotton Pack Brazil, both Courseplay and a hired ingame worker. I have posted both game breaking errors below. Thank you for any help in advance

2021-02-16 07:34 Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
2021-02-16 07:34 dataS/scripts/vehicles/specializations/Attachable.lua(1318) : attempt to index field 'attacherVehicle' (a nil value)

2021-02-15 19:35 :22 [info lp7439] PowerTech Tier II (#1): Exception, stopping Courseplay driver, [string "dataS/scripts/vehicles/specializations/Attachable.lua"]:1318: attempt to index field 'attacherVehicle' (a nil value)
2021-02-15 19:35 Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
2021-02-15 19:35 dataS/scripts/vehicles/specializations/Attachable.lua(1318) : attempt to index field 'attacherVehicle' (a nil value)
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
BillyMais

Re: Error/Game Break when using workers for field work

Post by BillyMais »

Sorry I have no solution but want to join. I have SIMILAR issues/problems regarding the camera freezing and not being able to fire the hired workers. As long as I focus on that worker, FSP drop drastically (the game runs 40-60 fps normally on my machine). Returns to normal when I switch vehicles. Also, I can't change between indoor and outdoor camera when that occures.
The thing is, I have this issue for weeks and still try to find out what causes it. Even the log entries are different every time. At first I thought it was an incompatibility of mods with courseplay. Then I figured the same behaviour with autodrive using it later on. Finally I found out it was even when using normal ingame workers.

My conclusion is so far: It has to do with one or some mods, and I guess it's a script mod that interferes with the helper ai or courseplay or autodrive. After all the weeks and sorting out mods and constellations of mods I came to the conclusion it must have to do with having too many mods. I can run more than 300 mods and everything is ok. Except using helpers in any form – but not every time! It's kind a random when it occures. And it occures with mod machines and with ingame machines. I think it must have to do with cpu or something.
Sorry for my bad English but I maybe I got it right to understand. Maybe this information is helpful in any kind for you - and for me! :D
LS17 (Switch) | LS17 (Steam) | LS19 (PS4) | LS19 (Steam) | LS20 (Switch) | LS22 Premium Edition (Steam) | Pumps n’ Hoses + Farm Production Pack + Case IH Farmall Anniversary Pack
Thrustmaster T248P | TH8S Shifter Add-on | Logitech G Heavy Equipment Side Panel | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 + FaceTrackNoIR
Bug Tracker | Image Server
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

BillyMais wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:35 pm Sorry I have no solution but want to join. I have SIMILAR issues/problems regarding the camera freezing and not being able to fire the hired workers. As long as I focus on that worker, FSP drop drastically (the game runs 40-60 fps normally on my machine). Returns to normal when I switch vehicles. Also, I can't change between indoor and outdoor camera when that occures.
The thing is, I have this issue for weeks and still try to find out what causes it. Even the log entries are different every time. At first I thought it was an incompatibility of mods with courseplay. Then I figured the same behaviour with autodrive using it later on. Finally I found out it was even when using normal ingame workers.

My conclusion is so far: It has to do with one or some mods, and I guess it's a script mod that interferes with the helper ai or courseplay or autodrive. After all the weeks and sorting out mods and constellations of mods I came to the conclusion it must have to do with having too many mods. I can run more than 300 mods and everything is ok. Except using helpers in any form – but not every time! It's kind a random when it occures. And it occures with mod machines and with ingame machines. I think it must have to do with cpu or something.
Sorry for my bad English but I maybe I got it right to understand. Maybe this information is helpful in any kind for you - and for me! :D
Your English was pretty good *thumbsup* . I don't know of any scripts I have that involve attachers afaik. I was going to go through my mod list one by one (yikes LOL) and figure out any possible suspects. For now, I plan on removing Courseplay from that savegame and seeing if the ingame workers are still broken. Maybe another version of Courseplay is better as well
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
dziuch

Post by dziuch »

Last time it happened to me it was the "Cover addon" mod. Anyway, post your modlist or full log. Nobody's gonna guess what mods you have :P
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I had an issue the same as this when using the Grimme small harvesters from the dlc with courseplay, the reason being they have no pipe. Courseplay has recently had an update for it. Not saying it is your issue just throwing it out there in case you are using this or a similar mod.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

dziuch wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:12 am Last time it happened to me it was the "Cover addon" mod. Anyway, post your modlist or full log. Nobody's gonna guess what mods you have :P
It might be until this afternoon I have the full list, please stand by :blushnew: :lol:

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Also, a little update, it seems only the cotton harvesters, modded and DLC, are causing me issues. I didn't test the Case Module Express 635 however. I decided to test out my silage harvester and see if it was machine specific, I could hire and fire a worker no problem. Same thing when I put a mower, tedder, and rake on Courseplay. Maybe just the cotton harvester is the issue.

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
BillyMais

Post by BillyMais »

dziuch wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:12 am Last time it happened to me it was the "Cover addon" mod. Anyway, post your modlist or full log. Nobody's gonna guess what mods you have :P
Well, thank you, Sir, even despite missing log you just seem to have helped me clearing my problem apparently. I removed the cover-addon mod and have experienced 90% less fps-drops when using courseplay and autodrive so far. I still have to test some things (harvest in summer/fall for example as well as maize chopping with courseplay, those works where the most fps-dropping happenings...). I would have never accused this mod for those problems but apparently it was at least 90% responsible.
Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom! :D
LS17 (Switch) | LS17 (Steam) | LS19 (PS4) | LS19 (Steam) | LS20 (Switch) | LS22 Premium Edition (Steam) | Pumps n’ Hoses + Farm Production Pack + Case IH Farmall Anniversary Pack
Thrustmaster T248P | TH8S Shifter Add-on | Logitech G Heavy Equipment Side Panel | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 + FaceTrackNoIR
Bug Tracker | Image Server
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:36 am I had an issue the same as this when using the Grimme small harvesters from the dlc with courseplay, the reason being they have no pipe. Courseplay has recently had an update for it. Not saying it is your issue just throwing it out there in case you are using this or a similar mod.
Ok. The 9996 cotton harvester has a pipe, the error seemed to fall to an attacher. I have updated to 6.03.00043, when I get another chance to grow a cotton crop I will check

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!