mods not installing in game

Farmboys

mods not installing in game

Post by Farmboys »

My young boys love playing this game and I am trying to help them install a couple mods from google. We downloaded, and then copy and go to documents>farmingsimulaor19>my games>mods and paste. These few mods do not show up in the game. The ones from the official GIANTS website do though. Can anyone help us figure out what we are doing wrong??
CombineBert

Re: mods not installing in game

Post by CombineBert »

Check the file extension of the mod, it should be .zip. The mod zip might be inside another zip file and need extracting.

If you do not see the file extensions you will need to enable them in the View settings.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

CombineBert wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:43 pm Check the file extension of the mod, it should be .zip. The mod zip might be inside another zip file and need extracting.

If you do not see the file extensions you will need to enable them in the View settings.
Seeing as their from the GIANTS website they should all be .zips. For the OP, did they get selected on the mod page when opening a save game?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:41 pm Seeing as their from the GIANTS website they should all be .zips. For the OP, did they get selected on the mod page when opening a save game?
Please reread the original post.

My young boys love playing this game and I am trying to help them install a couple mods from google. We downloaded, and then copy and go to documents>farmingsimulaor19>my games>mods and paste. These few mods do not show up in the game. The ones from the official GIANTS website do though. Can anyone help us figure out what we are doing wrong??
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Farmboys wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:40 pm My young boys love playing this game and I am trying to help them install a couple mods from google. We downloaded, and then copy and go to documents>farmingsimulaor19>my games>mods and paste. These few mods do not show up in the game. The ones from the official GIANTS website do though. Can anyone help us figure out what we are doing wrong??
A screenshot of your mods folder with the mods in question in view would help identify the problem but common problems are:

Game version is not updated
Mod file has a (1) or similar at the end
Mod file contains spaces instead of _
Mod is a pack that contains more zip files that need to be moved to the mods folder individually
Mod is zipped incorrectly ( if you open the zip and see a single folder first instead of the mod files)
Mod is not for FS19
Playing on PC and PS4
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Are the mods not working pack mods which are all zipped up into a zip?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.