Crashes / Screen Freeze / Other New 2020 iMac 27”

yorkie

Re: Crashes / Screen Freeze / Other New 2020 iMac 27”

Post by yorkie »

Sorry forgot running latest version of big sur , also run it on both steam or giants download and is the same on both , hope any of that helps , runs as well as what it did on my own build gameing windows pc before fell out with windows for the last time , am running on Mac OS not boot camp or like 👍
RailsRock

Post by RailsRock »

yorkie .... Thanks for your quick reply. So, Big Sur can't be the issue if FS19 is running good on your iMac.

Not sure if there would be a version difference between Apple APP Store version, compared to the GIANTS or Steam downloads. When I initially I discovered FS19, I was playing it on Xbox ... and it had "Slot Counts" involved plus a far greater selection of vehicles / implements etc., to purchase at the store ... whereas the FS19 version purchased from the Apple APP Store, does not include "Slot Count" and has far less items available in the store ... just an observation.

Initially, I was patiently waiting for the new slimmer 2021 iMac with the ARM processor to be released, however with reports that the new ARM based M1 MacBooks has proved NOT to work or be compatible with FS19, I decided to go with the 2020 Intel iMac as a replacement for my 2012.

At this point in time, not being able to get the game running reliably on the new iMac, I may have to be content staying with my old but reliable 2012 iMac. I hate the thought of having to return the new 2020 iMac back to Apple, but that's where I may be.

Again, appreciate your help ... keep well ... RR
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

The only difference between the versions of FS19 available directly from GIANTS, through Steam or through the Mac AppStore is the way the activation works, there should be no other technical differences between them.

The 'Slot Count' is only releavant for the console versions of FS19, since the consoles have only a limited amount of memory and the hardware isn't expandable, therefore the 'Slot Count' exists on the console version to ensure that the consoles don't get 'overloaded' by players trying to cram each and every mod available on the ModHub in the game whe playing on the consoles.

The equipment that is available for purchase while playing should be the same on both the Windows/macOS verrsion of the game and the console version. That you are seeing less equipment in the in-game shop while playing might be due to the fact that you have the 'Show Top Mods only' option selected in the shop menu (check the list of options at the botom of the shop screen). If you deselect that option you should see the same amount of equipment available for purchase than what you had on the console version.

To see if Big Sur is causing the issue you could try to install Catalina in parallel and try to run the game there: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208891
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
RailsRock

Post by RailsRock »

don_apple ..... Appreciate the clarification about no differences between GIANTS / Apple & Steam FS19 game downloads, slot counts & equipment options.

The forum is fortunate to have you as a resource with your knowledge base & experience with the game, especially Mac related.

With the crash issue cause still unknown at hand, I decided to return the 2020 iMac back to Apple, and keep my 2012 iMac. I will continue to enjoy the FS19 game on my dated but reliable iMac. Apple has been supportive, understanding & patient while I was trying to get the issues resolved, and offered a refund or replacement of the iMac.

Thank you GIANTS for developing such an awesome & immersive game.
Also, thank you to everyone who took an interest in this thread.
Best regards to all .... RR
Farmer686

Post by Farmer686 »

Hi just a thought if you need to get a new.desktop why not get a gaming pc
Hi!
My interest's are; Farming, Computers, Coding and gaming.
I have autism so may sometimes come across as rude, but I don't mean it!
:biggrin2:
RailsRock

Post by RailsRock »

Hey Farmer 686 ... Thanks for the thought,
I like the All-inOne form factor that the iMac offers, and have limited desk space, so its been working for me many years now.
I did take a online look at a All-in-One PC just for grins, and the HP Envy 32 was similar in form factor to the iMac, but its not really a gaming machine such as the “box type” gaming PC’s.

My wife was shocked to think I was looking at a Windows based unit, as I’ve been iMac for so long now. She’s been a PC gal forever ... lol.

Right now, I’m in a holding pattern .... treating my 2012 iMac with TLC and patience, but also considering options.

Keep well sir ..... RR