Looking to Improve FPS on Low-End System

Dairydeere

Looking to Improve FPS on Low-End System

Post by Dairydeere »

So, I've seen this topic brought up many times, how people can't get any decent FPS out of the game and it's not optimized. I combed through this forum briefly and couldn't really find anything that was going to help my situation, so I'm going to start a new thread about this.

My situation is I run a laptop hardly acceptable for FS, and I'm not very good at configuring graphic settings. My game runs at 20FPS maximum, and in the usual farm layout I design, it's about 8FPS. I'm basically looking for any tips or tricks to help me getting my FPS up. Even if it means I can look at my farmyard and get 12-15FPS instead of 8FPS, I would be grateful for that. My PC specs are below...

Computer Model - Lenovo Yoga 730-15"
CPU - Intel Core i5-8250U
GPU - Intel UHD Graphics 620

Edit: I realized afterwards people may be wondering what my graphic settings are. I run standard medium settings with realistic beacons set to On.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
don_apple

Re: Looking to Improve FPS on Low-End System

Post by don_apple »

TBH. you are lucky that the game runs at all, since the GPU is waaay below the minimum system requirements.

The 'Intel UHD Graphics 620' is an on-board graphics chip without any dedicated VRAM (it uses the system RAM instead which is much slower than VRAM), and therefore it is not suited at all for gaming.

The only recommendations to improve the FPS therefore would be the following:
- use the lowest possible graphics settings
- don't use any mods at all
- only play on the two standard maps provided by the game (the Erlengrat map of the Aline DLC might already be too much)
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

don_apple wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:26 pm TBH. you are lucky that the game runs at all, since the GPU is waaay below the minimum system requirements.

The 'Intel UHD Graphics 620' is an on-board graphics chip without any dedicated VRAM (it uses the system RAM instead which is much slower than VRAM), and therefore it is not suited at all for gaming.

- only play on the two standard maps provided by the game (the Erlengrat map of the Aline DLC might already be too much)
It is in excess of what I know will run the game, Pentium Silver N5000, 4Gb RAM, UHD605, that wasn’t pretty but it did it.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

don_apple wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:26 pm
TBH. you are lucky that the game runs at all, since the GPU is waaay below the minimum system requirements.

Like I stated, it's a low end PC, I'm not expecting any breakthroughs, I'm just asking around to see if anyone in the community knows some tips
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Drop settings, and close out background programs.
I think there might be some decluttering Windows guides out there.
And maybe Linux...? It’s usually very light on System resources and isn’t a Microsoft product if that type of thing matters to you.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Farmer686

Post by Farmer686 »

If you playing the steam version load up Steam go to my libary right click on the game and press properties, then disable the steam overlay
Hi!
My interest's are; Farming, Computers, Coding and gaming.
I have autism so may sometimes come across as rude, but I don't mean it!
:biggrin2:
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Farmer686 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:14 am If you playing the steam version load up Steam go to my libary right click on the game and press properties, then disable the steam overlay
Epic Games, so no, that wouldn't apply to me, but I appreciate the help

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Farmer686

Post by Farmer686 »

Farmer686 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:18 am
Dairydeere wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:16 am
Farmer686 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:14 am If you playing the steam version load up Steam go to my libary right click on the game and press properties, then disable the steam overlay
Epic Games, so no, that wouldn't apply to me, but I appreciate the help

Yes I know it if for Fortnite 🤣🤣 but give it a try for fs instructions below

SAVE HARD DRIVE SPACE
With the launch of Performance Mode, players will also be able to opt-out of high-resolution textures through the Epic Games Launcher installation options page.

Follow the following steps in order to opt-out of high-resolution textures.

1. Open the Epic Games Launcher.

2. Click on Library.

3. Locate Fortnite and click on the three dots next to it.

4.Click on Options.
Options

5.Check the box next to Use High-Quality Textures.

This will remove around 14GB of high-resolution content for a final game size as low as 17GB with all optional components removed. For players using lower scalability settings or running at lower resolutions, this can save a lot of disk space for a small amount of in-game quality loss!
Hi!
My interest's are; Farming, Computers, Coding and gaming.
I have autism so may sometimes come across as rude, but I don't mean it!
:biggrin2:
s8080t

Post by s8080t »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:49 am I'm basically looking for any tips or tricks to help me getting my FPS up. Even if it means I can look at my farmyard and get 12-15FPS instead of 8FPS, I would be grateful for that.
Could you post a screenshot of your Advanced Graphics Settings and your Display Settings, please?
I saw your comment on playing on "medium" settings, but those screenshots would provide far more detail and hints on what to change for better performance without sacrificing all the looks :>

What might help a lot is reducing the view distance (objects are rendered only when you are closer to them) and the LOD distance (objects become more detailed only when you're closer to them). Then, antialiasing asks a lot from the GPU, so maybe reduce that as well.
Languages: DE/EN
Plattform: PC
Meine Mods
Grünlandsuchti
IT-Spezialexperte
OpenSource-Verfechter
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

s8080t wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:13 pm
Dairydeere wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:49 am I'm basically looking for any tips or tricks to help me getting my FPS up. Even if it means I can look at my farmyard and get 12-15FPS instead of 8FPS, I would be grateful for that.
Could you post a screenshot of your Advanced Graphics Settings and your Display Settings, please?
I saw your comment on playing on "medium" settings, but those screenshots would provide far more detail and hints on what to change for better performance without sacrificing all the looks :>

What might help a lot is reducing the view distance (objects are rendered only when you are closer to them) and the LOD distance (objects become more detailed only when you're closer to them). Then, antialiasing asks a lot from the GPU, so maybe reduce that as well.

They're essentially the default medium settings, I just turned realistic beacons lights on

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
s8080t

Post by s8080t »

Ok, they look fairly low already.

Try to reduce the four distance settings (<100%) as mentioned earlier, this should relax your GPU a little.
Languages: DE/EN
Plattform: PC
Meine Mods
Grünlandsuchti
IT-Spezialexperte
OpenSource-Verfechter