Adding pedals to game

hpmc13

Adding pedals to game

Post by hpmc13 »

A few weeks ago I built a DIY manual shifter for my PC. Coupled with the fantastic VCA mod it works great. However, the Logitech pedals I have consist of only an accelerator and brake. Wanting to make the experience a little more immersive, I built a prototype of three pedal system using an Arduino pro micro/leonardo, three potentiometers, and a lot of stuff that I had laying about. Programmed the Arduino, put the whole thing together, and it all seems to work well. I can get them to work in every driving game that I have EXCEPT for FS19. ATS, BeamNG, Wreckfest, all work really well; there are some mechanical issues with the build itself, but they do work.

Based on another post in the German section here viewtopic.php?f=955&t=136034 I realized that I had to create a new profile for the Arduino in inputDevices folder. I have done so and FS will acknowledge that the pedals exist, but most of the time will not let me map any of the axes to any of the functions. gsEnableInputDebug shows the pedals, and shows them moving, but most of the time will not allow them to map, or when they are mapped, will not function as expected. I have tried, I think, nearly every combination of joystick, wheel, gamepad settings along with multiple axes configurations on both the Arduino and the inputDevices profile.

I'm hoping that someone here has had a similar experience and can possibly point me in the right direction.

For the record, the shifter that I built uses a USB zero delay encoder that is separate from the pedals/pro micro.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Playing on PC
strauts6

Re: Adding pedals to game

Post by strauts6 »

Have You tried JoyToKey software?
hpmc13

Re: Adding pedals to game

Post by hpmc13 »

Thanks for the idea. I looked into JoyToKey, but I don't feel that it will give me the result that I am looking for. Since it maps an axis to a keyboard key, the result will be digital rather than analogue. Great thought, though; I had forgotten about JoyToKey.

Just for giggles I reinstalled FS17 and the pedals worked fine. I didn't need the clutch as I couldn't find a compatible version of VCA, but the accelerator and brake worked as expected. I fully believe that it has something to do with the inputDevices file and my finding some magical combination that will work as the pedals work as expected in every other game that I've tried.

Thanks again for the idea, I appreciate your taking the time to respond.
Playing on PC