Issue with Farming Simulator 15

EliaKK

Issue with Farming Simulator 15

Post by EliaKK »

Hi,
I have a weird problem.
In 2015 my IT guy pirated Farming Simulator 15 on my computer. (I still don't know why he didn't tell me to buy it legally). I deleted it when FS17 came out. But in early 2020 i have discovered that the game has been deleted, but the savegames were still there. So I've bought (legally this time) Farming Simulator 15. It worked and I could re-visit my old savegames. I had two hard drives at the time, an old one, with data from 2015-19, and a new one from 2020. Farming Simulator 15 was downloaded on the new one and it "adopted" the savegames from the older hard drive. But then, in 2021 when my IT guy (a different one) upgraded my computer. He told me that my data would be fine, so I didn't make a backup. When he was upgrading, the new hard drive has lost all of the data. I've Lost my Fs19 savegames and Farming Simulator 15. So I've went to the old hard drive to see if the old savegames are still there. What I've found in the "Farming Simulator 15" folder were:
-two folders, called "x64" and "x82", each containing:
- a "codex.ini" file - 4 KB
-a .exe file called "FarmingSimulator2015Game" with the Giants logo on it - 4852 KB
-two steam_api files, one with .cdx and one with .dll (I didn't download fs15 from Steam) - 166 KB for the .cdx and 298KB for the .dll
All of them were from the 11th of december, 1999.
Is there still any hope I'll recover my old savegames? And are the files corrupted?
DEERE317

Re: Issue with Farming Simulator 15

Post by DEERE317 »

I think you found the game files themselves, but not the saved data.
By default the game makes a folder under documents -> My Games -> FarmingSimulator15 which contains the mod folder, savegames, and the game settings files. That’s if the first It guy didn’t set it to use another location.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.