I can't drive my combine's and they go 2 mph

Randall375

I can't drive my combine's and they go 2 mph

Post by Randall375 »

Hi all, I have over 1755 hours logged in playing this - and just all of a sudden I hopped in a combine and no - go. When I press "B" nothing happens except that that a notice comes up that say's I need to start threshing the machine??? I have never seen that - and apparently few others have as well. I have been looking and looking to no avail.

I am not sure if this is the game or CP - as CP and Hired working have no problem operating them. Also, I notice this morning that the Combine Cruise (unchangeable) is 2 mph.

Any help on these I would be so so happy. I am on disability and this is all I basically do and I don't know what I would do without.

Thanks so much,

Randy
s8080t

Re: I can't drive my combine's and they go 2 mph

Post by s8080t »

What new mods did you enable recently? Kick them out :>
And have a look at your log.txt (next to your mods folder) and search for errors (and then fix them).

You can also go back to an older version of you savegame (in the backups folder)
Languages: DE/EN
Plattform: PC
Meine Mods
Grünlandsuchti
IT-Spezialexperte
OpenSource-Verfechter
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

With 1755 hours you should know, that the log should be the first thing you look at and the first thing you post, if you have a problem with mod. With this many hourse you should also know, that it's usfull to read a mod description before putting it into the game.
You "problem" is called combineXperience and that adjusts the harvesting speed depending on engine power and cutter width. To harvest you have to activate the combine and cutter seperatly.
Here's the link: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=187160
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Randall375

Post by Randall375 »

Thanks for the help, I will post tomorrow. I have, indeed have been fixing things that are seemingly unrelated to this issue. And at 1755 hours, I did a lot of playing - not fixing. So getting into the guts of this thing is relatively new for me.

Randy
Randall375

Post by Randall375 »

juf.de wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:45 pm With 1755 hours you should know, that the log should be the first thing you look at and the first thing you post, if you have a problem with mod. With this many hourse you should also know, that it's usfull to read a mod description before putting it into the game.
You "problem" is called combineXperience and that adjusts the harvesting speed depending on engine power and cutter width. To harvest you have to activate the combine and cutter seperatly.Here's the link: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.php?lang
=en&country=gb&mod_id=187160
Already have that mod... Thanks I did however spend a couple of hours uninstalling mods that I no longer need.

Thanks, Randy
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Well ofcourse you have that mod installed, thats the mod, that caused your harvester "problem". That mod is a script, that does what i explained in my post above. ;-)
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Randall375

Post by Randall375 »

Gotcha- So I will remove it.

How do I get the log file up here< doesn't seem to want to take a long file. Albiet I have parsed many things out. Eliminted 25 mods or so.
Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
Randall375

Post by Randall375 »

Wow - thank you SO MUCH - my combines are back to normal now, and I can drive then, Question though - how does a mod like that get posted in the first place? I would have have no idea.

Thanks Randy
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Nothing wrong with the mod it's making it behave closer to how it should be than how it is in the basegame.