Auto-loading bale trailers needs a serious overhaul

Tut

Auto-loading bale trailers needs a serious overhaul

Post by Tut »

The entire API need to be improved so that the game can calculate the number of bales and arrangement of any size that each trailer can accommodate. Otherwise, so much time is wasted by buying trailers, hauling them out to a field with bales, realizing it won't work with the bales, hauling it back to sell, and repeat.

I did an experiment with 4 different baler mods; 3 that create the tiny bales (and each one created them at a different volume) and the older New Holland square baler. I then tried 13 different autoloading square bale trailers, some described as taking "small" bales and others saying nothing of their size. None of them worked with any of the 4 bales.

It can't be hard at all for the game to take the trailer's loading footprint area and then try to fit any square bale onto it, finding the best orientation for arranging multiple bales into the space. It truly is the worst experience of the entire game. Especially after baling an entire huge field with the tiny bales, finding out that nothing worked to autoload them and having to run around and pick up each bale by hand and toss them into a wagon.
Patton_M47

Re: Auto-loading bale trailers needs a serious overhaul

Post by Patton_M47 »

LOL That's my Hoyt Clagwell in your avatar...
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
I don't have any form of social media nor discord FYI
Ban time total: 7 days
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
Tut

Post by Tut »

Patton_M47 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:18 am LOL That's my Hoyt Clagwell in your avatar...
Genius! I was hoping someone made one, and I just happened upon it the other day. Love how it doesn’t brake. :biggrin2: Now I’m wondering if there’s a Green Acres map with Hooterville and Pixley.
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

me and a friend thought about doing it but we probably wont (at least not for 19)
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
I don't have any form of social media nor discord FYI
Ban time total: 7 days
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton