why is tis happening

kiki443

why is tis happening

Post by kiki443 »

Hello

I am expiriencing an issue that seem to appear only when playing multiplayer.
I play multiplayer with my dad, we are connected to the same router/network, playing on continental europe server, since it's located closest to us.

Since I don't know exactlly how to describe this, I will send a link to a video where you can see exactlly what is happening, bassically it feels as if someone tie a chain on the vehicle, to prevent it from moving, only it happens with every vehicle as seen on the video (the random cars are also lagging the same way), every time the truck slow down, I can hear a short beep, that signals a reverse, so basically it goes in reverse for a split second and than accelerates again forward.

The issue appears randomly, especially if driving fast moving vehicle (truck/car), ping as you can see on the video is 12-24 ms and FPS, although not seen on the video, it was an overlay counter, the FPS was 30-40, depending on the scene, but it doesnt really matter, the issue disappears, on high FPS as well as on low, and reapears again unrelated to this.

when playing singleplayer, there is no issue.

How can I solve this, it's annoying and it's difficult to control the vehicle, because everytime this happens 50% of my input controls are just ignored.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xN0cY3 ... sp=sharing - I'm bad at driving, I know... :lol:
Guil

Re: why is tis happening

Post by Guil »

That's strange, first thought from your description is lag but your ping seems OK. What is it like if you try join another multilayer game? I'm guessing your ping is really high and for some reason it's masked.

Don't think of the regions as actual locations because the servers are not located in the regions they say. A dedicated server from nitrado might be a much better option, they have some servers in Germany and UK as well as many more
kiki443

Post by kiki443 »

Well I play League of Legends and my ping there is about 65-70 ms. no lags or anything, just smooth and responsive.

I tried over the past few days to play on all different servers (international/2, Germany/2, European/2) everywhere is the same, the lag may first appear after 10, 15, 30 minutes but it will happen, and once it starts happening, it won't go away.

I also tried disabling UPNP, and lowering internet speed (it was on max 20 Mbit/s and UPNP enabled) - didn't work.

unfortunnettlly I can only see my ping (my PC), I can't see my dad's ping on his PC - he is the Host.
enigmqtik

Post by enigmqtik »

kiki443 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:11 pm Well I play League of Legends and my ping there is about 65-70 ms. no lags or anything, just smooth and responsive.

I tried over the past few days to play on all different servers (international/2, Germany/2, European/2) everywhere is the same, the lag may first appear after 10, 15, 30 minutes but it will happen, and once it starts happening, it won't go away.

I also tried disabling UPNP, and lowering internet speed (it was on max 20 Mbit/s and UPNP enabled) - didn't work.

unfortunnettlly I can only see my ping (my PC), I can't see my dad's ping on his PC - he is the Host.
Hi,

Can you please provide us your log ?
And your PC specs please.

Also, check your inputbindings.xml to check if it's clean or not. If not I mean there's a lot of repetitive binds that are unnassigned.
This can be due to a mod sharing binds with another one. Those tends to corrupt this files then the log, and can result in random lags/spikes.

Cheers.
AMD R9 5900x (@4.9GHz) + NHD15, 32GB DDR4 G.SKill Ripjaws 3600 CL16, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3070 OC, nVme 980Pro 1To, Seasonic 850Gold in a Corsair 900D.
T500RS, CSPV3, TH8A +SKRS Shifter, 2x T16000M.FCS, DelanClip IR tracker, SimDashBoard, Sony Bravia 42"
kiki443

Post by kiki443 »

here:

I will also provide files from host's PC.

as for input bindings, I'm not sure if mine is clean - I will attach that as well.

Thank you
Attachments
inputBinding.xml
(58.18 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
log host.txt
(92.7 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
DxDiag - host.txt
(71.7 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
kiki443

Post by kiki443 »

and more:
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(87.74 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
log.txt
(54.84 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
enigmqtik

Post by enigmqtik »

Hi,

So 1st of all, i'm not an expert, take care of what I'll say.

Inputbindings is clean, no issue here.
log.txt has some warnings in it, for me they are not game breaking. Probably can cause some micro lags or spike.

log host.txt has some more critical warning for me, like this one :

2021-06-29 17:08 Warning: Performing emergency garbage collection pass - memory went from 116199 KB to 232653 KB in less than one frame
2021-06-29 17:08 Usage is now 116338 KB; full GC took 229.673700ms

My guess is those errors are your game breaking issue.
However I don't see why other than the cpu you'r using is underpowered to host this game setup. I mean a fresh map with those mods.
As the cpu barely is the minimum requirements for the game, I suppose he has a bad time trying to deal with those mods, especially script mods, as they do a lot on cpu calculation.

I may be wrong, but what you can try is to run the same game setup (map+mod) with your other rig the amd with 16GBram, and try a local game, if it runs flawlessly, you may have an answer.

Cheers.
AMD R9 5900x (@4.9GHz) + NHD15, 32GB DDR4 G.SKill Ripjaws 3600 CL16, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3070 OC, nVme 980Pro 1To, Seasonic 850Gold in a Corsair 900D.
T500RS, CSPV3, TH8A +SKRS Shifter, 2x T16000M.FCS, DelanClip IR tracker, SimDashBoard, Sony Bravia 42"
s8080t

Post by s8080t »

As enigmqtik already stated there might be an issue with RAM used. This can be caused by buggy scripts that "eat up" all memory they can find.
There's a hint in the log.txt as well: 2021-06-29 01:11 Lua memory usage has reached 324214 KB; this is a dangerous level for consoles.
Languages: DE/EN
Plattform: PC
Meine Mods
Grünlandsuchti
IT-Spezialexperte
OpenSource-Verfechter
Jason06

Post by Jason06 »

Hi,
last year I experienced nearly the same issue when playing on my dedicated server.
Root cause in my case was the mod FS19_GlobalCompanyPlaceable_PlaceableDisplay. You don't use this mod, but I think there could be other mods causing similar problems, so I recommend to try out if one of your mods is causing your lags. This could be done by starting a second (test-) game on your server and adding the mods one by one (or maybe five by five) and waiting every time, if the lags reappear or not.
aka Glowin / Glowins Modschmiede
MacBook 16'' 2019 (2,4 GHz Intel i9), Nimbus+ Controller, Realismus-Fan und Hobby-Scripter
kiki443

Post by kiki443 »

enigmqtik wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:56 am Hi,

So 1st of all, i'm not an expert, take care of what I'll say.

Inputbindings is clean, no issue here.
log.txt has some warnings in it, for me they are not game breaking. Probably can cause some micro lags or spike.

log host.txt has some more critical warning for me, like this one :

2021-06-29 17:08 Warning: Performing emergency garbage collection pass - memory went from 116199 KB to 232653 KB in less than one frame
2021-06-29 17:08 Usage is now 116338 KB; full GC took 229.673700ms

My guess is those errors are your game breaking issue.
However I don't see why other than the cpu you'r using is underpowered to host this game setup. I mean a fresh map with those mods.
As the cpu barely is the minimum requirements for the game, I suppose he has a bad time trying to deal with those mods, especially script mods, as they do a lot on cpu calculation.

I may be wrong, but what you can try is to run the same game setup (map+mod) with your other rig the amd with 16GBram, and try a local game, if it runs flawlessly, you may have an answer.

Cheers.
Hi

I have tried running it in single player mode - no issue there - the issue happens only in multiplayer and on my PC.

However, my dad says that on his PC (host) the lags appear in singleplayer too; mainly when he drives a vehicle near a bunch of objects (there are like 50 bales just laying on the ground, near a cow pasture, waiting to be thrown in straw blower or mixer), in this case he will also experience lags, briefly, as he drives away from the objects, the lags would cease, as a workaround he decided to place bales around the map so they are not cluttered up in one place, but still - now we put in a mod that has a bale storage, so that is settled.

Speaking of mods - those that you see from logs I guess, are installed recentlly after the lags started happening, at the time only mods from GIANTS were installed - becouse of such isues, I don't install much of community mods, only when I would need something like now this bale storage, I also installed some other with GlobalCompany script - but these are installed when the issue was already happening, unless they can somehow enhance the problems, I doubt they are the cause.

funny thing on multiplayer, he doesn't experience so much lags as I do, and most of errors you pointed are from his PC.