Advice where to put DLC?

silly_billie14

Advice where to put DLC?

Post by silly_billie14 »

I'm looking for anyone that give me advice as to the best folder to save updates and dlc. None of the updates seem to work and the Holmer Pack and John Deere Cotton Pack have never worked at all (which is very disappointing seeing as the John Deere Cotton pack has to be purchased). And before anyone mentions it, Yes I have contacted Giants but they didn't tell me anything useful that would help.

It's not just those packs there are a few mods downloaded from the Farming Simulator website that have never worked (however there are some that have), I just don't understand. I don’t know if it makes a difference but I have purchased and downloaded the game and packs through the Farming Simulator website.

All of the files and folders I have found are under these folder routes (my computer has two hard-drives):
This PC > Local Disc (C:) > Users > {my name} > Documents > My Games > Farming Simulator >
&
This PC > DATA (D:) > Farming Simulator 2019 gamefiles

The thing is I want to buy the Alpine Pack but I'm paranoid to spend that money and the pack not work making it a waste to purchase.
I'm including an attachment of the "log" file that says what has loaded and what isn't supported. So basically I need advice where best to save the updates and the dlc and mods.

Please and Thank You! Any help will be much appreciated!
Farming Sim (log for Cotton Farm).txt
(20.62 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Mwal

Re: Advice where to put DLC?

Post by Mwal »

Just put them in a folder with the original game download file just for farm sim or for random farm sim stuff or where ever so you know where they are then click on them and enter the download code you were provided via email when prompted and they will install themselves and you’re done. They aren’t mods so don’t stick them in the mod folder. Also just download mods in game and it will do everything for you
BernardC

Re: Advice where to put DLC?

Post by BernardC »

What i see in your log means you didn' t use the good way to intall these DLC. when you download them they come as EXE files the only right way to get them instaled is right click on that exe file and choose run as administrator and they' ll automaticly go to the right which is :

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019\pdlc