Dedicated Server Setup - corrupted files?

SkippyTheMagnificent

Dedicated Server Setup - corrupted files?

Post by SkippyTheMagnificent »

I just purchased a copy of FS19 from Giants in order to set up a dedicated server on a Windows 10 host. Everything installed ok without errors. I launch the dedicatedserver.exe as an Admin and can log in successfully to the web page to set things up. I install a known good map mod only and launch the server. It fails and I get an error message in the game.log saying files are corrupted. So, I re-install and follow the exact same steps only NO map mod (basic, plain vanilla files all installed from the Giants installer only) and it does the same thing: won't start and get a corrupted files message in the gameserver.log file. So, I try again after uninstalling and making sure the folders are all deleted, then re-installing again. Same deal... corrupted files. I'm running this on a freshly installed Windows 10 box with 16Gb ram & brand new 125Gb Sata SSD. Any ideas where I need to look?
SkippyTheMagnificent

Re: Dedicated Server Setup - corrupted files?

Post by SkippyTheMagnificent »

So... finally figured this one out. Even though this was purchased to host a dedicated server solely, I had to still launch the game client like I was playing locally in order to enter the product key. Once it was entered and registered in the client, the server magically started working without the corrupted file error.