FS17 wont run please read before you dismiss.

Wolf67

FS17 wont run please read before you dismiss.

Post by Wolf67 »

I know I know look around and see what others have tried. well, I did that. Look, fs15 and fs19 run with no issues, fs17 goes to the loading screen for a second and closes back down, no errors in log, no mods installed yet, brand new PC so any help would be appreciated. Things I have done. Verify, reinstall, checked security, ran as admin, restarted PC, just installed latest vid drivers. and more I can't recall I'm sure. Need help, running on Steam.
Attachments
log.txt
(2.14 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Wolf67

Re: FS17 wont run please read before you dismiss.

Post by Wolf67 »

I have figured out it will run if I shut down my internet connection, but will crash if I try to run it with the internet enabled. Any Ideas?
Guil

Post by Guil »

I've seen this many times with FS17 and 19 iirc. Each time it was related to a pc not meeting minimu spec which yours is far above. I'm going to guess it's a steam issue so I would suggest verify file integrity but you seem to have tried that already. I would contact steam support and also send an email to support@giants-software.com and hopefully one can find a solution
Wolf67

Post by Wolf67 »

Guil wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:27 pm I've seen this many times with FS17 and 19 iirc. Each time it was related to a pc not meeting minimu spec which yours is far above. I'm going to guess it's a steam issue so I would suggest verify file integrity but you seem to have tried that already. I would contact steam support and also send an email to support@giants-software.com and hopefully one can find a solution
That's what I have seen while trying to figure it out, I'll give this a try. If I get a solution that works I'll post it here.
Wolf67

Post by Wolf67 »

Steam support directed me to giants as if it couldn't possibly be on their end.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Wolf67 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:39 am I have figured out it will run if I shut down my internet connection, but will crash if I try to run it with the internet enabled. Any Ideas?
The same issue has been reported by others before, and the suspicion there was that it is related to the processor that is being used: viewtopic.php?f=964&t=170673

But since GIANTS is now fully focusing on FS22 I doubt that they will spend any effort on trying to fix this issue for FS17.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules