Issues with AutoDrive

kmiller10

Issues with AutoDrive

Post by kmiller10 »

I spent quite a bit of time setting up a network for AutoDrive. All of the roads have 2 ways paths. I then set up one way paths that go to the various waypoints (sell points, silo, parking, etc.)

Now when I try to use it, it regularly pops up the message that the vehicle can't find a path to the location. I know the routes are connected, I've confirmed it multiple times. If I manually drive to very near the location, I can then start it and it drives the last few hundred meters without a problem, so I know it can find them.

About the only thing that it can find regularly is the waypoints I have added next to each field to send a vehicle to wait during harvesting. Of course having the combine call it and work properly from there is a coin toss.

Has anybody else experienced similar with AutoDrive, and found a solution to the problem?

Thanks
s8080t

Re: Issues with AutoDrive

Post by s8080t »

Did you connect all courses or do you use several different (independant) course networks? Then there's a chance the driver "connects" to the wrong one and cannot find a way to the other.

But guessing *censored*, so switch on the debugging option (in AD settings of the vehicle in question) and see what happens when it tries (and fails) to find a way :>
Languages: DE/EN
Plattform: PC
Meine Mods
Grünlandsuchti
IT-Spezialexperte
OpenSource-Verfechter
Mwal

Re: Issues with AutoDrive

Post by Mwal »

I would guess somewhere in there you have connected a route backwards accidentally. Best way I’ve found to fix this is to go for a ride with auto drive bouncing from closest way point to closest waypoint working your way through the course until it won’t go then you will locate the problem stretch in the course. I’ve had them backwards before sometimes the shortys that tie routes can be hard to see if the direction is correct. The combine for some reason seems to work best when it’s set to call at 60 or 70 percent filled also