Need a little help with Heavy Equipment Bundle

QuickBrick

Need a little help with Heavy Equipment Bundle

Post by QuickBrick »

Hello everyone.... looking for a little info. I have been using an old Thrustmaster TX wheel on my PC and it's been great. I had always wanted the Heavy Equipment Bundle so I finally got one. Side panel is fantastic. Wheel on the other hand, not so much. The 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock deadzone is killin' me. I've have tried everything I can think of settings wise.

When I recalibrate it using windows, it shows the wheel moving immediately off center. It's working how I want via Windows. When I play the game however.... like I said, 4 hours worth of deadzone from 10 to 2. I've tried the X axis on 0% and 1% and the standard 14%. Makes no difference what setting. MY old wheel, made a huge difference in playing the game. It was a whole new driving experience on 0% with the Thrustmaster.

I read a lot about people just getting the side panel and using a G923 or something else but I have to believe that this is curable. No?

Is there anything XML wise that can be changed at all? Are there deadzone settings somewhere in a game file? I really do like the new wheel to play with.... except the dead zone. Anyone have any suggestions for me? I'd appreciate it. Take care.....

Harrison
QuickBrick

Re: Need a little help with Heavy Equipment Bundle

Post by QuickBrick »

Welp, looks like I fixed it. I ended up setting every dead zone to 1% and it now steers right off the bat. Finally! Question is.... which zone is steering? Axis 1 which I had always been adjusting never did anything with this wheel. Is steering a different Axis with this wheel? Going to try Deadzone 0 now.
QuickBrick

Re: Need a little help with Heavy Equipment Bundle

Post by QuickBrick »

So I found out that the steering is Axis 5 not 1 for the Heavy Equipment bundle wheel. Can anyone verify this please? Thank you.....