Game Refusing to Work PC

SuperMcSlappy

Game Refusing to Work PC

Post by SuperMcSlappy »

Hello everyone, I started having the same issue as many people seem to be having as of last night, I try to launch FS19 the screen resolution canges then within a second or two it changes back and the game never comes. As far as I can tell from everything I've tried the game launches enough to get the item on taskbar and get the resolution to change but then it changes back and seems to close, I don't even see so much as a flash of loading or title screen, Epic Games then syncs the game data for a while. It all seems to have started with trying to snyc save data from or to the cloud but after getting rid of the cloud the issue has not been fixed.

Here is what I do know about the whole thing and attempts to fix it,
Game version is 1.7.1.0o Win.
I have never seen the Shaders_cache that so many people have suggested will fix the problem if i get rid of it.
I can't find a log for the life of me so I'm screwed there.
All my drivers and windows and all the other things are up to date.
I have restarted my PC multiple times.
I have reinstalled multiple times.
I tried getting rid of the cloud saves to see if that was the issue, it seems it was not.
I do not have any mods installed.

Please help in any way you can Ijust want to drive my tractors and farm to relax. I will also try to find the log some more so maybe that can help.
s8080t

Re: Game Refusing to Work PC

Post by s8080t »

log.txt and shader_cache directory are always in the same location (on windows): %username%\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019.
Just open explorer and copy it into the address bar.

Post the log here as attachment - I'm quite sure it will contain some hints.
Languages: DE/EN
Plattform: PC
Meine Mods
Grünlandsuchti
IT-Spezialexperte
OpenSource-Verfechter
SuperMcSlappy

Re: Game Refusing to Work PC

Post by SuperMcSlappy »

Oh, thank you so much for letting me know where to find these things. I deleted the Shader_chache folder and it seems to have fixed everything. I didn't even think to look in that area when looking for these things since I forgot that things downloaded there too and I have the actual game download location on a different drive entirely. Again thank you so much for helping me out even though it was with something really simple.