Pedals all wacky in FS19

gr4474

Pedals all wacky in FS19

Post by gr4474 »

My brake does brake, but then reverses (i think normal?). The clutch is the accelerator, and the accelerator does nothing. I am not able to bind any functions to the pedals to correct them, or wheel. I have a Thrustmaster T300 and Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals. (love them btw :)

Technically I could just go with it, but I see threads from 2018 with people with the exact problems. I don't get why this is still happening. I reinstalled the drivers, and unplugged the Xbox controller. I would like to know if this is going to be the same for FS22? Would I be able to get a refund if so?
Drmattymd

Re: Pedals all wacky in FS19

Post by Drmattymd »

Sounds like you need to fix the axis settings for the pedals outside the game. Open up your properties menu for the wheel set and make sure the clutch and accelerator are set for the way you want them. It sounds like they are set in reverse configuration. The brake reversing issue can be fixed ingame under settings, just turn off stop and go
Playing on PC and PS4
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I've sold my T300 so I can't check it (I had the T3PA pedals anyway), but make sure your pedals aren't set to combined mode in the Thrustmaster Control Panel (this means if you accelerate and brake at the same time they cancel each other out). I assume you don't anyway if you've got the T-LCM pedals, but it's worth checking as that is the default for the regular T300. Combined mode messes up a lot of games.

If you go to the game options (not the ones in the escape menu but the ones on the main menu), go across to "Keyboard Controls" (the third icon) then at the bottom, next to "Back" and "Reset" choose GamePad (or wheel or whatever yours says) and you can set your own controls in there.

The brake is also the reverse, but in the in-game "Game Settings" (the escape menu ones) you can disable "Stop and Go Braking", which will stop the vehicle from automatically reversing if you hold the brake pedal down. With this disabled you'll have to lift off the brake and then redepress it to reverse. When reversing the accelerator pedal acts as a brake.

FS22 might change this as it introduces gears, which if set to manual might mean you can allocate a reverse gear and have the throttle and brake pedals act normally - there also appears to be a use for clutches.
gr4474

Post by gr4474 »

Thank you both. I went to the control panel, and I don't have it set on "Combined". Sure enough though the clutch is acting like the accelerate, and vise versa. I did a quick google search, and found that the pedals can be swapped on the wheel by turning the green light to red. My memory was thinking it needed to be green, but that was wrong. In sims I was able to set each pedal, but I do remember them being weird. It was like they were pressed, but not. I had to set them to inverted. Here is the website answer to how to change modes:

"The answer is very simple. The pedals on some Thrustmaster wheels can be flipped upside-down so the pedals hang. When you do this the gas and clutch signals need to be swapped. The wheel is able to do this really simply, and unfortunately can happen accidentally. The pedal mode is switched by pressing and holding the MODE button on the front of the steering wheel base. This will change the power indicator from red to green and back again. Red indicated floor mounted pedals and green is for hanging pedals. If you were holding the servo base and inadvertently pressed the mode button you could have ended up switching the mode by mistake." https://www.ricmotech.com/Why-are-my-Th ... d_b_6.html
gr4474

Post by gr4474 »

Ok so I am still unable to set any buttons on the wheel how I like. It's strange, but I'll try to figure out the default settings, since they show up as blank in the options.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

I have a t300 and had no problems assigning buttons. Sounds like you're not doing something correctly
Playing on PC and PS4
gr4474

Post by gr4474 »

I followed the same thing every video I watched.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Are you trying to assign them in the game? Did you switch to the controller side rather than the keyboard side?
Playing on PC and PS4
gr4474

Post by gr4474 »

I'm trying to bind buttons on the steering wheel. Edit: yes on the controller side.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

For starters I would recommend to check the log.txt to see if the wheel is detected correctly by the game. It should be listed there in the 'Devices' section, and the line listing the controller should show something like 'Cat: WHEEL'. If it shows 'Cat: UNKNOWN' then the game wasn't able to recognise the wheel correctly, and the game will assume a very basic gamepad is attached and try to assign the functions to axis and buttons incorrectly.

If the controller is detected by the game you can test if all axis and buttons are working using the procedure documented in viewtopic.php?f=964&t=147961&hilit=gsEn ... g#p1149521

If all axis and buttons seem to be working correctly I'd recommend to remove the existing inputBinding.xml from the FarmingSimulator2019 folder so that the game can geräte a new one which should already contain the correct assignments of basic game functions for your controller.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I will say for some reason my game didn't recognise my Xbox controller at all until I removed the game.xml, gameSettings.xml and inputBinding.xml from my FarmingSimulator2019 directory. Until then nothing at all appeared on the devices page you mention.

It might be worth backing them up and trying it, if only to rule it out.