fs22 wont launch again.

perwel

Re: fs22 wont launch again.

Post by perwel »

I had same problem and after deleting everything in "My Games->FarmingSimulator2022->updater" it started up again and runs normal
Win 10 Pro, i5 11600K 4.9 Ghz, RTX 3060 Ti 8GB, 32Gb mem, 4 SSD, 2 M2, 1 HDD
Per W
Sweden
Tilleyworks

Post by Tilleyworks »

Has anyone found a solution to this? I've tried everything that has been posted so far with no luck.
I'm able to get it to load up after deleting the files in updater but when i go to exit the game it stops working and then will not let me start the game again.
Bought direct from FS website

Thanks in advance
Tilley
Mercor

Post by Mercor »

I guess if some DLC is causing issues then instead of reinstall probably you could remove it from %game directory%\pdlc folder and Documents\My Games\Farming Simulator 22\pdlc folder before going for reinstall route.

Of course if DLC is acting up and it is coming from their server, it should be fixed on Giants side. On my Steam installation things seem to work fine, but the DLC file might be ok from steam download location while giants-software.com one might need some fixing.
timmy gamer nl

Post by timmy gamer nl »

I have the fix for this problem! if you go to Documents\My Games\\FarmingSimulator2022\updater and delete everything in that last folder! then you just start the game and it woud work again. if not you can do 1 other thing! Go to the folder where you instaled fs22 and find the map x64 then open this file: FarmingSimulator2022Game.exe that will pass the updater and instantly lounge you into the game!
Gr3go

Post by Gr3go »

Try deleting the file in "\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\shader_cache". It worked for me.
Intel Core i7 2600K
16 GB DDR3-Ram
Nvidia 1060 6BG
Windows 10 Pro
Joaquynn

Post by Joaquynn »

What worked for me is to go into "My Documents > FarmingSimulator2022 > game.xml" and change
<renderer>D3D_12</renderer>
to
<renderer>D3D_11</renderer>

Doesn't seem to render well in Direct 12? Or is it something else, I'll leave it here anyway, try it :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
Bruid3

My game runs now -Re: fs22 wont launch again.

Post by Bruid3 »

I had this issue as well.
I had installed the game and exited to install the DLC and bonus content and when the game launcher updated the Saddle Trac DLC the game launcher immediately closed.
Reinstalling got the game working again until the same thing happened.
The Game launcher run from shortcut created when the game was installed closes very soon after it runs.
Changing the DX renderer did not work nor did making exceptions in the Anti Virus software for the game.exe.
What worked for me was running the game directly from the x64 installation directory the default for me is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Farming Simulator 2022\x64
Tugge

Claas Saddle track money-scam

Post by Tugge »

Still a problem with this! GIANTS scams their customers on money I think....why I thinks so is because they even block their buyers when they want to question somethings on FB and DC....
Mexaby

Post by Mexaby »

Still encountering this problem today.

However, deleting both "shader_cache" and "updater" folders from Documents -> MyGames -> FarmingSimulator2022 does fix it.

Thanks for the people who mentioned this before.
ddp1

Post by ddp1 »

Please help.... Game worked for 4 months and now it stopped. Tried reinstalling and no success. If im lucky i get to the screen that says getting update from server, but then it shuts down completely. I tried messeging the company but no reply for 3 weeks already. Please help.... I'm lost for ideas -- it installs properly but wont launch...