Subsoilers are... cultivators?

BigJ2016

Subsoilers are... cultivators?

Post by BigJ2016 »

I'm playing Farming simulator 22. I'm not sure if its supposed to be this way, but i bought a subsoiler because it said it can be used instead of a plow. but when i use it on a field, it only cultivates the field, not plow it, and it doesn't show a plowed state on the map. If this is the way it's supposed to work then the store description needs to be changed to reflect that it can be used instead of a cultivator, not a plow. or the subsoilers need to be fixed so that they work like a plow, not a cultivator. it is completely useless to have 4 categories of cultivators (Cultivators, Disk harrows, power harrows, and apparently Subsoilers) but only one category of plow.
xptbst

Re: Subsoilers are... cultivators?

Post by xptbst »

I'm having the same issue on a PS4 console, when I play it on a PC the Subsoiler works as it should.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

I can to confirm that this is working on PC, the plow state changes if I subsoil. Gut Giants, shouldn't it showed plowed and use plowed texture as well??? IIRC it is working on PC as it was in 19, but I'd like to see that small improvement. How FS handles all tilling is just a mess.
ampm

Post by ampm »

Ps4 I tried all, the only tools that give plowed state is plow and cultiplow. I had to mulch before using cultiplow to get clean field

Post by 101010 »

This is exactly how it worked in FS19 as well and while in real life a subsoiler wouldn't show a cultivated state it also wouldn't show a plowed state. Cultivated probably makes most sense to show it.
MarcusSpinner

Post by MarcusSpinner »

To my experience, it does change two states of the ground. I'm on Xbox Series X. When I use the subsoiler my field changes from unplowed to plowed. It also changes to the state called seedbed. According to the states it hasn't been cultivated but is still ready for sending after using the subsoiler. I still haven't figured out in which combination to use my tools.
Xbox One
Rick76

Post by Rick76 »

the texture is akward, as it looks cultivated, when you expect it to look more plow like, and that a annoying issue
ebelbeb

Post by ebelbeb »

Both are in the "subsoilers" category and have the same description in the store:
KUHN DC 401 has in dc401.xml file : <cultivator isSubsoiler="true" useDeepMode="true">, removes "need plowing" state, leaves the field deep (regular) cultivated.

AGRISEM Combiplow Gold 4M has in combiplow4M.xml : <cultivator isSubsoiler="true" useDeepMode="false">, removes "need plowing" state, leaves the field shallow cultivated.