Build Mode Complaint FS 22

tad18

Build Mode Complaint FS 22

Post by tad18 »

Hi everyone, I don't know if I'm posting this in the right section of the forum, but there are some things that really grind my gears on the new Farming Simulator 22 build mode.

First of all it is absolutely impossible to change the height of the placeables, making it unnecessarily hard to place stuff down.
Also there appears to be no form of grid snapping or alligning to a grid, this is especially annoying when trying to neatly paint terrain or roads.

These functions absolutely have to come back in my opinion, as right now it is absolutely impossible to use the build mode properly.
It is driving me absolutely insane that I can't seem to put vineyards down without them being all crooked and unequal lengths, no grid snapping feature on the painting tools and the fact I already talked about, that you can't change object height before placement.

Sorry I don't mean to moan about stuff, but to me this is just annoying.
chale8

Re: Build Mode Complaint FS 22

Post by chale8 »

It is a pig. I tried placing a farmhouse on what appeared to be flat ground but it put it in a hole. I tried levelling the ground first and the same thing happened. I’m hoping that this is something that’s fixed in a patch because it’s virtually impossible to place things neatly.
Footie

Post by Footie »

Am I the only one that can’t rotate buildings? So far the build mode is not an improvement.
tad18

Post by tad18 »

"So far the build mode is not an improvement."
You said that right.... :(

And about the rotating, yeah it's controlled by holding right click now for some reason unknown to me....

I just hope they can roll back to the older build mode, or at least make some improvements to this one.
Like adding a raise/lower object function and PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, add back a way to allign to grid or a snapping function or something.

I'm personally tearing my hair out most of the time with this implementation of the build mode.
chale8

Post by chale8 »

Admittedly I don’t know how or even if this could be implemented, but what I’d love is a “make this area flat enough for a placeable object and slope the edges as gently as is humanly possible” tool. I tried getting rid of the starting barns on Elm Creek and each one left a crater, my attempts to fill them in went very, very wrong!

Happily the French map has a nice flat area for placeables in the default start location. :)
chale8

Post by chale8 »

OK, I've found out the cause of the problem I was having with the farmhouse on Elm Creek, the default position for it is on a slope and it doesn't appear to be compatible with being placed on flat ground. This is annoying but once we get some mods that give us more farmhouse options hopefully things will get better.

I really enjoy setting up my farm from scratch so it looks like I'm sticking with the French map until we have houses than can be placed on flat areas.
YoteMan739

Post by YoteMan739 »

IDK why but my camera in build mode is just facing almost straight down. Zooming in doesn't help either because it doesn't go flat enough to get a grip of how flat the ground is. Anyone have any answers?
TomKeks

Post by TomKeks »

In my opinion, the lack of any grid or snapping function is SUCH a big PAIN - that should be implemented immediately! We need an option to align buildings!
I cannot understand how they removed any option to snap or align buildings.
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

It LOOKS fantastic....but performs MUCH worse than FS19. In all ways as mentioned above.
Simon Green

Post by Simon Green »

Large (Robot) cow barn placement is a bit of a cow patty. Does playing on ps4 and their are a number of noticeable differences between fs17 and 22. I’m sure I wouldn’t be the first to point out the obvious high adjustment that is missing from building placement. Nor would I be the first to comment on the issues that has for leveling difficulties. However, has anyone else noticed the drift associated with certain buildings? Instead of a solid rotation or even a grid snapping system, there are certain structures that drift after rotation. It carries over to whenever you change your perspective/view. Every time I rotate my camera the building I’m attempting to check out rotates a little as well. Over all the game is once again a step forward in several noticeable areas. In others areas thou, the game seems to have taken a few steps backwards.
kellihusky

Post by kellihusky »

not to mention rotating stuff on console is difficult to line up streight the stupid rottation decelleration makes it imposible