Force Feedback Not Working

JC_YYZ

Force Feedback Not Working

Post by JC_YYZ »

Good morning,

I just installed FS22 (Steam) and have setup my G920 wheel and pedals. All inputs are working as expected, except force feedback is not working at all. I have it turned up to 100% and nothing - the wheel is sloppy and there is no sensation being transmitted through the wheel. I also double checked my settings in Logitech GHub.

Is there something I am missing in the setup?

Thanks in advance for any input.
VWAG CamberMan

Re: Force Feedback Not Working

Post by VWAG CamberMan »

I have the G923 & the exact same issue.

I have all my FF set at 100% but my wheel is the same as it was for FS19.

I've been through the G-Hub & still not getting anything with all the settings set right & FFB working on other games.

Would be nice to know if we're missing something.
JC_YYZ

Post by JC_YYZ »

VWAG CamberMan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:56 pm I have the G923 & the exact same issue.

I have all my FF set at 100% but my wheel is the same as it was for FS19.

I've been through the G-Hub & still not getting anything with all the settings set right & FFB working on other games.

Would be nice to know if we're missing something.
All the streamers I watched on the weekend talked about force feedback and I think a few of them were using our wheels - so there's something we are missing.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

on the other hand FFB was working with my G27, but I ultimately turned off within FS22, as I though it wasn't done very well.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
JC_YYZ

Post by JC_YYZ »

b101uk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:42 pm on the other hand FFB was working with my G27, but I ultimately turned off within FS22, as I though it wasn't done very well.
Did it work 'out of the box' or did you have to do any special setup (either in-game or in the wheel controller software)?
JC_YYZ

Post by JC_YYZ »

UPDATE: I actually did a full restart of the system and I had it working. As soon as you leave the game window (ALT-TAB) it stops working again.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Best to report this directly to GIANTS via their bug tracking tool: https://feedback.giants-software.com/login_page.php (if you don't have an account there already you can create one at https://feedback.giants-software.com/signup_page.php)
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Moosey

Post by Moosey »

I have the same problem. I unplugged all of my other controllers and FFB started working. So in the end I had a keyboard, a mouse and G920. Not ideal but at least something.
MechPilot85

Post by MechPilot85 »

Double check your dead zone settings in game. This has to be done from the main menu (i.e. before launching a game).

One of the menus will show mouse sensitivity and at the bottom will have a selector for gamepad or something. In there it has all of the dead zone settings for the wheels and pedals. For some silly reason it defaults to a 14% dead zone which makes using a wheel miserable.

I've personally set my wheel to 1% (so a small bump with my hand won't make it move) and everything else to 0% dead zone.
Moosey

Post by Moosey »

Yes, that is the same how it was in FS19. Sadly that option does not help with not working FFB. :(
Bradenw19

Post by Bradenw19 »

I finally got it to work but its not the best you have to go to main menu,options, and it should bring you to general settings under “input controls” turn force feedback off the go to “device: mouse” click x on your keyboard and where it says “axis 1 sensitivity” change that to 50%
Rick76

Post by Rick76 »

i tryed that, but its not working on logitech driving force GT
gbrassard

Post by gbrassard »

I solved my problem, after starting FS22 and loading my game, I went to the Logitech Hub (alt-tab) and readjusted the force feedback, my steering wheel reset the settings. I left the Hub open and alt-tab to FS22 and voilà. It works for me, hope it works for you guys.
(sorry if my English is not good, not my first language)
Rick76

Post by Rick76 »

gbrassard wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:47 pm I solved my problem, after starting FS22 and loading my game, I went to the Logitech Hub (alt-tab) and readjusted the force feedback, my steering wheel reset the settings. I left the Hub open and alt-tab to FS22 and voilà. It works for me, hope it works for you guys.
(sorry if my English is not good, not my first language)

It works on Logitech Driving Force GT, But its a bit annoying to resort this way.