Why can't we use the builngs and barns in FS22

Bladeyama

Why can't we use the builngs and barns in FS22

Post by Bladeyama »

It's extremely frustrating that we can't use the buildings and or barns in FS22 we can't delete or sell them. It's hard to find areas to put buildings I need for storage. Unless I put them on the field I need. I should have known better than to pay full price for this copy and paste. Why does Giants software think it's OK to take advantage of its players unless its players are complicit in this scam other than greed and disrespect. Has it been like for the past games?
XINTERP

Re: Why can't we use the builngs and barns in FS22

Post by XINTERP »

Yes it has been like this for past games. It would be nice if we had the option to delete/demolish buildings on property that we've purchased, or at least have the barns/buildings be interactable.
brack

Post by brack »

Completely agree. Useless, irremovable buildings taking up space on land we purchase is one of the worst gameplay decisions carried forward to this generation. I'd love to see a mod that removes all buildings on land you purchase.
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

You can buy and sell buildings if you go to where you buy vehicles then scroll down on the left to Others and then choose the construction tab

I have removed farm buildings in Elmcreek and put others down
XINTERP

Post by XINTERP »

Just as a reference, they're talking about the buildings that automatically come with the map. Not the buildings that you place down with your own money.

Buildings that are hard coated onto the map cannot be sold. You have to use the editor and remove them from the map first. And even after removing them from the map sometimes bugs still occur where you can't place anything where the previous house was.
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

They should be at least sellable.
eQee

Post by eQee »

Please add possibility to demolish buildings, they are not useful and we can't change it with other buildings. please add that possibility with some update.
MacDaddy

Post by MacDaddy »

like this?

Edit don_apple: fixed link to youtube video.
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

Me too want: option to delete/demolish buildings on property that we've purchased
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
SonoKinoko

Post by SonoKinoko »

Good news. In FS19 there was a mod called "hide" which allow to manually remove from the map any object, include traffic light or building or trees.

We have just to wait the update do FS22
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Bobble2020 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:17 pm You can buy and sell buildings if you go to where you buy vehicles then scroll down on the left to Others and then choose the construction tab

I have removed farm buildings in Elmcreek and put others down
Yes you can remove buildings on the starting farm (eg the decorative building next to field 44 on Elmcreek), however there's no way to remove (most, if not all) buildings from other land purchases.

For example there is a small farm based near field 22 on Elmcreek with a house, silos, shed and water fill point, but after purchasing the land none of the buildings can be removed, the house can't be set as a sleep point (could probably set down a mat, but that's not the point) and the silos aren't functional. I've not tried the water fill point as the whole area is useless as a farm.
Covert_dragon76

Post by Covert_dragon76 »

So we just started on the elmcreek map. The map is perfect for the 4 people on the server. Only problem, can't delete the buildings on the property. We specifically bought property that we could use for farming and building our farm and can't use or delete the buildings there. Hopefully they will fix this issue.
Eische

Post by Eische »

That will be changed with the upcoming patch.
I filed a bug report for this and got confirmation that the buldings on the alternate farm locations on Elmcreek will be removable or at least usable.
Not sure what will happen, but I guess making them removable will be the easier task.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

They really should be made usable and also buyable in the shop as the sheds and animal pens included in the game are a big improvement from what we had but are not that well suited for a US map.
CASE72

Post by CASE72 »

Bladeyama wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:40 am It's extremely frustrating that we can't use the buildings and or barns in FS22 we can't delete or sell them. It's hard to find areas to put buildings I need for storage. Unless I put them on the field I need. I should have known better than to pay full price for this copy and paste. Why does Giants software think it's OK to take advantage of its players unless its players are complicit in this scam other than greed and disrespect. Has it been like for the past games?
Yeah, I actually thought this was going to be a option in FS22, where once you bought one of the other farms, that had building on it, that those buildings would be useable. Maybe I just misunderstood, and that was never said. I love the Elmcreek map, its the best US map that Giants has ever put forth, but disappointed that the farms around the map barns aren't accessible. Plus by now you would have thought with the map editor that you would be able to demolish buildings and barns that come on the map. The map is a beautiful map, and I love some of the old bank barns, but it *censored* that they are not accessible, so that when you buy the land by that farm, those farms buildings should become accessible to atleast be able to use. Giants have made great strides with FS22, but not being able to use those other farms once you buy the land, is a disappointment. Plus I like the ability to custom farm, but there should be a option to cash rent farms, instead of just doing custom work. If Giants added the ability to make other barns on the map accessible, allowed you the ability to demolish buildings and homes on the map, and being able to cash rent ground, rather than having to buy all the ground, this game would so much better than it already is. Unlike a lot of people I'm enjoying FS22, and not seeing a lot of the bugs that I hear others complaining about, thankfully, but with having a extra yr of development for FS22, I was hoping for the things I mentioned to be added to the game. Maybe someone will make a mod that allows you to cash rent ground. I assume it would be awful difficult for someone to make a mod that allowed you to demolish buildings and homes that come on the standard maps for the game, but a mod for cash renting ground instead of having to buy ground, shouldn't be too difficult for some of these amazing modders that are out there.