FS22 Xbox Series X frame drop

Lexie

Re: FS22 Xbox Series X frame drop

Post by Lexie »

I'm getting dizzy too, this called motion sickness. Game is unplayable for me in this state. Do they not test at all, I mean this is clearly noticble, so they didn't even test it before releasing the patch? On bug report I get the answer, fixed in next patch, how they can even release this?
abrahamslinkons

Post by abrahamslinkons »

I read that theres a patch already in testing at sony and microsoft. Maybe the same patch for fixing mods will do better.

EDIT: So the patch fixing console mods are out. Very good. Checked it out. It did not do anything about FPS drops.

GIANTS let us know is it fixable? Is it ever going to be fixed? Are you even considering fixing it? Just let us know so we next gen console players can all ask a refund or keep on waiting for it to be fixed.
Pierre79

Post by Pierre79 »

I have the same frame rate drop on all maps.
Wen its clear sky there are no frame rate drop but when there are clouds,rain,snow heavy fame rate drop.
I notice also when i use the roller there are frame rate drop.
Ali.farmer19

Post by Ali.farmer19 »

Pierre79 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:37 pm I have the same frame rate drop on all maps.
Wen its clear sky there are no frame rate drop but when there are clouds,rain,snow heavy fame rate drop.
Yes, when the sky is clear, the frame drop is less, but it is still there, especially where there are tools and machines next to your house.
I was very surprised when some people denied the drop of the game frame in the last post of the giants' official page on Instagram yesterday? !! What do you think is the reason? Those who reviewed the game on YouTube said that there is a drop in frames and even the game crashes.
MrXNor

Post by MrXNor »

Same issue with my brand new Series X, given up on the game for now. I just cant be bothered. Never ever seen such bad release on any game ever.
Fanta4

Post by Fanta4 »

Ali.farmer19 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:03 am
Pierre79 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:37 pm I have the same frame rate drop on all maps.
Yes, when the sky is clear, the frame drop is less, but it is still there, especially where there are tools and machines next to your house.
I was very surprised when some people denied the drop of the game frame in the last post of the giants' official page on Instagram yesterday? !! What do you think is the reason? Those who reviewed the game on YouTube said that there is a drop in frames and even the game crashes.
lol... i also never noticed a frame drop on my series x and never had a crash - but i am playing with vrr.
Ali.farmer19

Post by Ali.farmer19 »

Fanta4 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:51 am
Ali.farmer19 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:03 am
lol... i also never noticed a frame drop on my series x and never had a crash - but i am playing with vrr.
Screens that can play up to 120 frames may not have this problem, but they do have a limited number of monitors.
Glacialpunk

Post by Glacialpunk »

This appears to happen on every platform. I play on a gaming pc that exceeds the recommended system requirements by a good amount. I experience a bit of frame drop and stuttering, and it doesn't make a difference on low, medium, high graphic settings.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

I saw on youtube the stutter and low framerate also on PS5 and pc, so yes they messed up again and no communication.
Jk12345

Post by Jk12345 »

I have had this issue since the game was released on PC. I upgraded my PC last year and can even run Flight simulator 2020 at around 50fps, anyone out there that knows flight sim will understand haha. When entering late autumn or the winter months the FPS drops a lot. As soon as spring/summer comes around it’s as smooth as butter! Hopefully the next patch will fix this.
Jk12345

Post by Jk12345 »

I have had the same issue on PC since the game was released and I believe a lot of people are experiencing this! I upgraded my PC last year and the games runs like butter until you hit late autumn/winter. Once spring/summer comes around the games is so smooth on the highest graphics settings. Hopefully the new patch will fix this 🤞
abrahamslinkons

Well is it better on consoles since 1.3 update for you guys?
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Yes it is better, except incab. Incab it is worser and I noticed the stutters are caused by the mirrors: looking backwards, no mirrors visible, no problem, looking forward, mirrors visible, stutters. Harvester, looking forward, no mirrors visible, no problem, turning left or right, mirror visible and having stutters.
abrahamslinkons

At least we have some progress. Maybe it will be enjoyable after all.
Forty1Five

Post by Forty1Five »

I am on PC, my specs meet the requirements but there's still a fair amount of stutters. When you look in another direction, that's when the stutters happen the most. It seems that the engine doesn't do a very good job on part streaming hence the stutters. Everyone is getting them, just a bad engine on GIANTS behalf and clearly no performance testing or optimisation has taken place. After all, the game isn't even visually stunning it's been the same graphics since the start of FS19. GIANTS need to work on these fixes in the next patch, but that patch is very far away I'd think now. A new engine overhaul is needed, or even switch engines because the current one isn't going to cut the next game especially when more and more people are focusing on the framerate and smoothness then to the actual game itself. We'll just have to suffer yet again. I don't have high expectations anymore, this game really blew it for me.

Edit: After watching a few videos I can really see your struggle. Low FPS and stutters, the series S should be more then capable of running the game. I used to play FS19 on PS4 until around a year ago, I switched to PC. We didn't get as much focus as we should of got. At the time, I didn't really notice but are the stutters still bad. Even more so, console players make a very large percentage of the community itself so the game being poorly optimised is really making all the players go from the game. I'm hoping the best for you guys.