FS22:PC - Can't sell cotton bales to Spinnery

dan1109

FS22:PC - Can't sell cotton bales to Spinnery

Post by dan1109 »

Hi All,

I'd open a formal ticket, but my login won't work for the bug tracker (an email sent to support for that). So, I can't sell cotton bales. It did work on the previous contract.

FS22 PC
Haut-Beyleron
Mods - none of consequence, only 7 avail! :)

So, this is the 2nd cotton contract I have done. The first was field 44, using the JD Harvester. Everything worked fine. Just disappointed I didn't break up the last bale into smaller chunks to save it for high price time. Also, the JD Harvester would not empty it's ante-chamber...but thats FS19 behavior IIRC, so not a big deal at the moment.

2nd contract, field 30. Using the Case Harvester. Much bigger field, 2nd time harvesting cotton so looking forward to the big payment. I baled ~3.5 20kL bales. I brought the first 2 bales up to the spinnery, unloaded, and it said the contract was complete. However, problems:
a) I got not extra money for what might have been the remainder of the cotton in the 2nd bale
b) the 2 bales I offloaded, actually still exist, they did not disappear/sold
c) if I push these 2 bales out and back on to the loading square with my tractor, they will do nothing
d) if I take the other 2 bales onto the loading square (well, 1.5 lets say bales) they won't be sold either
e) if I push the bales around it either says I get 0 or sometimes to 2-3 Euros for selling.
f) I lease a Wheel Loader with a bale spike, and picked one up and dropped it from mid air, no changed, nothing happened (the wheel loader bale spike worked HORRIBLY with the Case Bale - that will be another ticket/bugreport later - I'm no where near needing one for real)

I'm guessing it has something to do with 20kL Case bales only. Like I said, JD 10kL bales seemed to have not problem. As for now, I have 4 Bales clogging the spinnery sale point that will not sell.

I'll provide my save game if necessary, as I am sure the bales are forever stuck.

https://ibb.co/drZ4byp
Ajbadd

Re: FS22:PC - Can't sell cotton bales to Spinnery

Post by Ajbadd »

I actually had to ram the bale from a case harvester to get it to count. The other bale is still sitting at the sale point. Don’t know why they have such a tiny unload point at the spinnery. I used my semi and hit it in between the unload points. Try that 🤷🏻‍♂️
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

No joy. Something is definitely bugged with square cotton bales
mmc

Post by mmc »

I'm having the same issue with bales I harvested myself from owned fields (so I don't think it's specific to contracted bales).

I filed an issue in the official issue tracker for this one; hope it's an easy fix *thumbsup*
sly512

Post by sly512 »

I’m having the same issue with cotton bales at the moment. They are the round bales from the John Deere. They sold just fine to begin with, but once the contract was completed. they just sit there in the sale hotspot.

If you stand next to a bale, you can see that one is slowly selling, but they aren’t breaking any records. I also get income from sold bales, but it’d be nice if the sold straight away like they used to on FS19.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

So in the meantime, perhaps a work around would be to place a cotton sell point near the spinnery via Giants Editor. Atleast you can finish contracts. Its just the bonus crop that we seem to not be able to do anything with. We could go further and delete the surrounding buildings in Giants Editor to see if that is related to the problem, but I'll leave that to Gaints to figure out.
MaxDiesel

Post by MaxDiesel »

Same issue on xBox. Seems that the spinnery is at it max of accepting product. Cotton in this case.
After buying a placeable and dropping the remaining bales there, only 40k liters are accepted. Then it takes forever to proces it.
Fastforward to years now, still 30k or so liters in the placeable spinnery.

Made a bugreport for it.
matty80

Post by matty80 »

Production chains are proving more trouble than they are worth. No option to just sell my product, the production point always keeping it for processing and then unable to unload more raw material for sale…
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

matty80 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:10 am Production chains are proving more trouble than they are worth. No option to just sell my product, the production point always keeping it for processing and then unable to unload more raw material for sale…
Yeah, just realized there is no cotton sellpoint. I suppose you could place your own spinnery, and make clothes. That would be even more profitable.
Mysticalmaid

Post by Mysticalmaid »

I just ran into this, but the bales sold while leaving what looks like the bales there after I loaded and unloaded a few times.
Sqamma

Post by Sqamma »

i have the same problem. Can't sell JD bales and the contract is not finished.
Sqamma

Post by Sqamma »

It's just the spinnery not having more capacity for more cotton untli it have produced some more products
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

Yeah, that makes complete sense now. I've been doing a lot of silage work, and testing in an alt save, and I figured that out with Silage - but duh, forgot completely about this issue (I switched to Elm Creek). Its quite interesting that if you sell to production sites, they have an internal limit of capacity and have to work that capacity off. Pretty cool actually, that you need to conform to the rules of the production facility, even if you don't own it. That makes things more realistic, so you can't dump 5M liters of crop on a sell point just because it has the highest price. At some point they will say "Enough, I can't buy anymore". I wonder if price fluctuation is a bit different with the production sites versus the sites that still will buy infinite crops...

Anyways, thanks all for the insights into this issue. Case closed!!!!

EDIT - well, maybe not. The Spinnery apparently just processes Cotton WAY too slow. However, as long every crop has a non-production sell point that can always buy, sometimes you just have to sell at a lower price...not enough demand...unless you buy and build more production sites.
Matt369

Post by Matt369 »

Had the same problem… but i tried to load it onto a cotton bale trailer and then everything went sideways lol my trailer and tractor went 1000foot in the aire and crash the hole game i couldn’t move any tractor, went to quit the game and it autosaved, reloaded the save and the loading screen acted up. I restarted the hole game and everything was back to the beginning of the cotton harvest… kinda happy i didn’t ruin the hole save 🤣
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

Matt369 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:42 am Had the same problem… but i tried to load it onto a cotton bale trailer and then everything went sideways lol my trailer and tractor went 1000foot in the aire and crash the hole game i couldn’t move any tractor, went to quit the game and it autosaved, reloaded the save and the loading screen acted up. I restarted the hole game and everything was back to the beginning of the cotton harvest… kinda happy i didn’t ruin the hole save 🤣
If that happened to me, I would put my head in a whole in the ground