Force feedback on steering wheel is terrible

Caracarn2

Force feedback on steering wheel is terrible

Post by Caracarn2 »

Would love to know others experience.

I have a Logitech G920 so a relatively expensive wheel. I find the force feedback extremely jerky in that as I turn the wheel as I get around 45 degrees the feedback that was tight stops and the wheel basically snaps almost another 360 degrees forward with little tension. Trying to get it back to center is the same effort in the opposite direction. I am basically manhandling the wheel and it is quite unpleasant to play the game that way.

I have set up a profile in Logitech Hub as I did in FS19 and then also turned off force feedback in the game and the behavior does not change. It seems as if turning off force feedback is ignored by the interface.

In FS19 I had set the range of motion of the wheel to just 360 degree instead of 900 as that worked best for feeling appropriate. Regardless of what I do I can turn the wheel the full 900 degrees so clearly FS22 is not allowing the Logitech interface to impact my wheel, it always controls the force feedback even when I tell it not to. Hope this can be looked at and fixed.
u2020bullet

Re: Force feedback on steering wheel is terrible

Post by u2020bullet »

I used to do 900 degrees in FS19 with a slight bit of centering, but in 22, it's a disaster, constantly fighting the wheel and we can't even disable it.
Flajavin

Post by Flajavin »

I also have problems with force feedback + the default huge deadzone. I have a G29. Sometimes the force feedback doesn't work at all ( sometimes starts working after some alt+tab between the game and windows ) and other times it's just bad. When it's not working at least I set it up from logitech software to add a feedback for games that don't have any (it just centers it) and that's better than what the game offers. For now I'm just using a ps5 controller and that's a much better experience. I also tried first a xbox controller but the game was showing the buttons for a PS controller instead.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Caracarn2 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:19 pm Would love to know others experience.

I have a Logitech G920 so a relatively expensive wheel.
Compared to what? I'd classify it a low-end.
Caracarn2

Post by Caracarn2 »

At $300+ not that low end, and certainly a step up from the $79 standards many use. I understand it is not $1,000 wheel ,but point being has a very thorough control interface so works well in all cases, just not in this one.
Fabiaccio

Post by Fabiaccio »

Same problem. I have a G29, I also find it very soft when stationary as it stiffens as it gains speed with tractors, combines and other machines ... shouldn't it be the other way around? On the 19 it worked great and continues to work fine on other games as well ... I hope they fix it