FS 22 loading screen stucks on 21% and crashes

Edww

FS 22 loading screen stucks on 21% and crashes

Post by Edww »

So if I create new game it loads normally, i can play as much as I want, but when I save the game and try to go back to it, the game stucks on 21% loading screen and just closes without any error message. HELP :D
I have NO mods installed
Edww

Re: FS 22 loading screen stucks on 21% and crashes

Post by Edww »

in LOG file i found this error: 2021-11-25 14:56 Error: Failed to load height map 'C:/Users/Vardas/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2022/savegame1/terrain.heightmap.png'.
andrei_sandrovschi

Post by andrei_sandrovschi »

Same problem here, i hope there is a solution..
Sloucher

Post by Sloucher »

Ok I found a solution that worked for me. My anti-virus (Avast) was causing the issue and cause the game to miss the terrain.heightmap file. De-active the anti virus when saving the game and it should save fine.
To "fix" a save file you have to replace the terrain.heightmap png file that is missing from old save. Note this may not work if you have changed the map to much in your save, but you can try the following.
1. Verify the Terrain.heightmap png file is missing Document->My games->Farming simulator 22->Savegame(Old Save) the saves are numbered form left to right as they appear in the game.
2. De-activate anti virus
2. Create new game on the same map
3. Go to Document->My games->Farming simulator 22->Savegames(New Save) Copy the terrain.heightmap from there
4. Paste in the "old" save file your wishing to save.
XxBONNY15xX

Post by XxBONNY15xX »

Thanks a lot for the tip. It works and I could play my "old" savegame another time!
jojofarmer80

Post by jojofarmer80 »

Sloucher wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:28 am by Sloucher » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:28 pm
That worked!

I had save game 1 and save game 2, and 2 was the one crashing on me. Instead of disabling Avast, I went into save game 1 and copied the Terrian.heightmap file and pasted it into game 2 (which it was missing).

Game loaded up fine. I'll report back if the saves continue to give me issues.
Mellek

Post by Mellek »

Looks like the game, or at least my game, isn't creating PNG files anymore since the latest update 1.2.0.2, but doubt it is related to your antivirus as I'm using a different one. Each time I save the game and restart it, the PNG is missing but I also noticed that screenshots aren't being saved. (although in the console it states it has done so)
Log file doesn't update either, stays at the last game session before I updated to 1.2.0.2 :confusednew:

Setting the terrain.heightmap.png to read only works for now so it doesn't go missing each time.
Marius93

Post by Marius93 »

Thanks alot! Avast did mess up my saves and the ingame modhub aswell, and disabling it worked great and solved my problems, that I posted in my own topic "Game crashing and "ingame modhub" failing after 1.2.0.2 update".

Best regards

Marius
Mellek

Post by Mellek »

Turns out you were right Sloucher, it is the anti virus causing the game not to function properly.
I'm not using Avast but a different scanner, but putting the Farming Simulator 22 folder in "exceptions / trusted programs" works.
The game can now create PNG's again, so saving works as does making screenshots. Thanks for the tip. *thumbsup*

Maybe Avast has a similar function to make exceptions for certain programs or folders, so you don't have to turn off the antivirus completely.
Marius93

Post by Marius93 »

Mellek wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:42 pm Maybe Avast has a similar function to make exceptions for certain programs or folders, so you don't have to turn off the antivirus completely.
I've tried to make an exception in avast for both my FS22 folder in "my games" and also the program itself but it doesn't work. The only fix is to disable avast completely while saving which is pretty annoying.
liquidsteel

Post by liquidsteel »

this started in the 1.2.0.2 patch, every game new or old crashed at 22%, luckily i had a pre 1.0.2 save file that i kept seperate , was tired of cutting and bailing the same field 20 times, i only had to use the terrain png from that save and it worked, i was so mad even tho i paid for the game from giants wasted 0ver 3 days redownloading it[ now i have it in zip file] thank you very much sloucher for this info. on a side note "GIANTS" upgrade yer damn slow ass servers . in order to continue playing the game i had to revert back to version1.1.0.0 , how you ask ,well since giants dont keep older versions available and since i did give my hard earned cash to them and not steam , i downloaded the old version {AND PLEASE DONT DELETE THIS AS ITS IMPORTANT TO US THE COMMUNITY AS WELL AS YOU AS A BUISINESS ] from a well lets just say not steam. but you know what the sad part is, i downloaded the full game in 6 minutes ,im not expecting that speed from giants but for petes sake people .04 kilobytes a second.
liquidsteel

Post by liquidsteel »

Marius93 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:45 pm
Mellek wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:42 pm Maybe Avast has a similar function to make exceptions for certain programs or folders, so you don't have to turn off the antivirus completely.
I've tried to make an exception in avast for both my FS22 folder in "my games" and also the program itself but it doesn't work. The only fix is to disable avast completely while saving which is pretty annoying.
this started with the 1.2.0.2 patch it broke something as it never happened before
nofeardave

Post by nofeardave »

Hey All sorry to bring this up again.
I had same issue thats just randomly started. I deleted a heap of mods that i thought was an issue listed in the log.

I uninstalled my video card driver using DDU (Display Driver Unistall) No luck.....

I ended up verifying files in steam. Turns out i had 3 files that needed to be fixed. Yippee Happy Days!!!!
JOE123W

Post by JOE123W »

I’m having trouble with this atm, anyone got a fix for ps5.
I’ve tried,
Rebuilding database
Deleting and reinstalling the game
Deleting mods
richnshaz

Post by richnshaz »

I’ve got the same problem with piney run seems too not load back up after I got rid off a load off trees and done some landscaping on the map with no mods installed .took me whole day and two saves off the same map too work it out