FS22 - Failing at Authentication Server and/or Handshake

XINTERP

FS22 - Failing at Authentication Server and/or Handshake

Post by XINTERP »

I, as well as many others in my group, (I would assume this is happening to multiple people across the world) are unable to connect to our server. The server is a hosted partner of Giants and does not have any mods on it. The server is set up for Crossplay to be enabled. We have all connected to the server before.

Here is what we're dealing with.

When connecting to the online servers, you do the following:
  1. Join Game
  2. Continue
    1. Says "Please Wait, connecting to server."
      1. Either Fails and states "Connection to the server lost. Check your internet connection and restart the game." or "Could not connect to server.", OR~
      2. Authenticates and allows you to see the server list.
  3. Server list pops up and you can choose from a list of servers if they appear.
    1. You can see servers, if they appear.
      1. The server you played on previously doesn't exist or you don't see any servers, you have to start over from step 1. (You're authenticated into the wrong region most likely or you've failed at authentication and it didn't boot you out.), OR~
      2. The server you played on previously does exist. You have the option to select and hit "Start".
  4. Join Server
    1. Server handshake begins after authentication
      1. You get stuck at the black screen of death with the loading stuck at 10%. This kicks you back to an error that says "Could not connect to the multiplayer game." and boots you to the server list. Your server does not exist anymore on that list and you need to start over from step 1, OR~
      2. You connect as normal and can enjoy playing with others. You've gotten the holy grail, its contents, and everything you could ever want from an authentication system. If you made it this far, DO NOT DISCONNECT. You could have the same issues listed above.
We've all tried the following:
  • Verifying File Integrity (Steam/Xbox)
  • Uninstall/Reinstall (Fresh)
  • Verified Server is running and is showing online (is pingable)
Any ideas on how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated.
mimicsdemise

Re: FS22 - Failing at Authentication Server and/or Handshake

Post by mimicsdemise »

Surely you and I are not the only people in the world having this issue. I hit join, see the server list, click accept and while loading it will error out and give connection to server lost message.
mimicsdemise

Post by mimicsdemise »

Surely you and I are not the only people in the world having this issue. I hit join, see the server list, click accept and while loading it will error out and give connection to server lost message.
Klakier

Post by Klakier »

I'm running into the same issue with PC (not cross platform). Internet connections tests before and after attempting to connect to a multiplayer game come back solid. Does anyone have a solution yet?
mimicsdemise

Post by mimicsdemise »

No, I STILL cannot use my home internet. I have no idea why it wont work. There is something wonky with the games connection, ports, something that my ISP is not allowing or Router is not allowing. I can tell you definitively that I logged into several other games today and had no issue. Warzone, New World etc., all work fine. Still cant make it work on FS22.
revnets

Post by revnets »

mimicsdemise wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:50 am No, I STILL cannot use my home internet. I have no idea why it wont work. There is something wonky with the games connection, ports, something that my ISP is not allowing or Router is not allowing. I can tell you definitively that I logged into several other games today and had no issue. Warzone, New World etc., all work fine. Still cant make it work on FS22.
So, you can connect via mobile hotspot?