Game shutting down exiting to menu

JimmyJJ

Game shutting down exiting to menu

Post by JimmyJJ »

Every time I exit to the main menu the game closes to the desktop. I have to start the game every time I just want to game to the main menu. It only seems to happen when I have mods activated. If I deactive the modhub mods it will go back to the main menu no issue. It's not with all mods it shuts down it seems to be when there are a certain amount activated about 5-6+ then it does it.
alfaalfa20

Re: Game shutting down exiting to menu

Post by alfaalfa20 »

I had the same problem, for me it was with the cutter fix mod installed and when I uninstalled it the problem was gone!
Cheers!
SwECLOWN

Post by SwECLOWN »

Have the same issue and it seem to be the a mod issue (cutter fix mod for me to), but if i press backspace and enter instead of clicking "quit game" and "yes" with the mouse i do come back to the main menu.
Fabiaccio

Post by Fabiaccio »

Me too, same problem.
Moses195

Post by Moses195 »

Mee too, but sometimes it shuts down just fine, about 1 outta 5 times? They had 3 years to work on this?
enigmqtik

Post by enigmqtik »

Every script mods will make the game crash on exit. But it won't affect savegames, for me at least, it keeps working well.
AMD R9 5900x (@4.9GHz) + NHD15, 32GB DDR4 G.SKill Ripjaws 3600 CL16, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3070 OC, nVme 980Pro 1To, Seasonic 850Gold in a Corsair 900D.
T500RS, CSPV3, TH8A +SKRS Shifter, 2x T16000M.FCS, DelanClip IR tracker, SimDashBoard, Sony Bravia 42"
Farmerdero

Post by Farmerdero »

This is from 3rd party mods, any mod not loaded from the official game mods will cause it to crash. Speak to the developer of the mod to fix this issue.
Mashur1977

Post by Mashur1977 »

I have this happening too.
Any of the script mods when exiting game to main menu it will crash.
For example if using Info Message Hud, Cultivator Field Creator, Power Tools, etc.
Any one of those will cause a brand new save game to crash when exiting to main menu.
Zeblamar

Post by Zeblamar »

I've had this happen to me. Its random when it does. Have had it happen with and with out mods
Deltatristar500

Post by Deltatristar500 »

What's odd is that the mods that I have installed are from Giants Mod Hub. Isn't Giant checking these mods for proper functions and error free logs before releasing them to the Mod Hub? I'm also getting even with the newly released Manual Attach mod the crash to desktop when trying to exit the game.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I think it's an underlying game issue as I've read of people having the issue with no mods though it certainly seems more common once script mods are in. I have it happen most of the time then every now and again it behaves normally. If it is actually down to the mods then for now as long as it doesn't effect my savegame I would rather have this issue than be without the script mods.
Carlo van Erp

Post by Carlo van Erp »

It's not the mods causing the problem, it's the game itself. I've tried with a few different types of mods (scripts, equipment). When the script mods are activated it crashes to desktop on exit. You can't tell me that all these mods are faulty (different functions/authors/sizes). Only one thing in common and that is FS22 itself.
AgroDude

Post by AgroDude »

Mods can be the problem if they're all doing the same thing! There is such a thing as document bugs!

I had this crash ONCE, but it has been fine the rest of the time. I only have one mod installed.

It's not the first time mods have caused shutdown issues. They aren't cleaning up properly (that's on the mod author).
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I'd still say probably a game issue as pretty much all script mods are causing it, also if it was the mods then surely Giants would not pass them in testing.
bosay831

Post by bosay831 »

Even if a mod or mods pass testing this does not preclude a MOD conflict between mods installed on your system at the same time. The best way to test for this if possible is to uninstall your most recent installed mods prior to you receiving errors, then install the latest mods one by one until the error occurs again. Once you get to the mod that causes the error to occur you may have found your culprit. Uninstall that mod and see if things go back to working normally or not. If such is the case, you have found the mod you need to skip.
USA - Florida - Yes I'm a Florida man but not "that" Florida man...
FS 22 on XBOX Series X because I want to and refuse to pay COVID prices for PC parts
FS19 on PC